Out comes

Holly’s P.O.V.

I made my way down a hall phone in hand and Bluetooth in my ear, “What do you mean the stories not legitimate? It was a home invasion!” I argued with the press as my fingers flittered away on all sites spreading the story of Brianna Mac. The way news works now if enough people are talking about it, it will become viral.

“We are not interested in a minor highschool rivalry.” Said the man on the other line.

I stopped in my tracks and looked up, “Minor highschool rivalry? They raided the house, attacked a car, and mobbed her first home making her move. Now by the tone in your voice I it seems like you’ve been the type to be bullied in school. Though I do doubt that you’ve been forced from your home and put under life threat or-“ I looked up and seen a group of people standing around a doorway. Quickly I began to move to the crowd and said to the man, “And if that’s not enough I’ll have a story for you by the end of the day.” I hung up the phone, “What happened?”

The Hitachiin’s grandmother turned around holding a finger to her lips; she motioned to me to look through the doorway. I leaned forward and peeked through the doorway. I looked across the room with bullet holes all around, blood on the door and the floor. My jaw dropped as I raised my hand to mouth. I looked around the room again and again and my eyes dropped to the center of the floor. There sat Bri wrapped in the arms of Kaoru with appeared to be weeping. I placed a hand over my chest and turned back their grandmother “what happened?”

She just brought her hands to her mouth shocking her head softly. I looked around at the group of staff and friends. No one had a single word to say. 

I turned and looked back to the room, and my eyes fell once again on Brianna and Kaoru. I couldn’t dare to ask them at a time like this. I sighed, slowly began to turn away from the door again but quickly turned back when I seen movement across the room. There on the other said of the room was another door, and in the doorframe was a girl leaning against it with her hands covering all but her eyes. I scuffed through the group and made my way around the corner, turning down another small hall I seen the back of the girl. Slowly I placed a hand on her shoulder and she jumped a little. I threw my hands up, “Sorry sorry sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I whispered, “Haruhi right?”

She nodded; she had tears in her eye and shook all over. I took her hand and pulled her away from the door. I guided her into a random room and sat her down; I sat beside and rubbed my hand over her shoulder. “Haruhi,” She looked at me wiping her eyes, “You need to tell me what happened.”

She took a deep breath, “I was looking for Bri and I thought she would be in the kitchen so I went to go look and… there was this cop, he had a gun pointed at Bri and Kaoru. And… and he wanted to arrest Bri and, and he had the gun pointed at her head and and… I didn’t want to say anything or do anything because if I did he might have shot her, then Hikaru came bursting through the door and the cop got scared and started shooting. Kaoru pushed Bri out of the way but he shot Hikaru and and there going to the hospital now… and… and”

“Haruhi, Haruhi, thank you, you don’t have to say anything else. Listen, you did nothing wrong.” I started to get up and saying, “I have to make a phone call.”

I picked up my phone and rushed out of the room, pacing in the hall I called the police station, “Hel-“

“Yes hello all that jazz. Listen! I hope you are aware that one of your officers just held two minors at gun point and shot a third. Now I don’t know how you run things but I’m pretty sure shooting kids is frown upon, am I correct?”

“Miss I can assure you-“

“You can assure me what? That it won’t happen again, that it never happened at all? One of your officers has shot a child and I demand for something to be done about this!”