Chapter 10

Luna: “I see…but then again let’s not talk about this anymore. I really didn’t know and, I feel terrible.”

Lucy: “Well then….is it okay for me to ask about your fiancé? I mean we don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.”

Luna: “Oh sure, I don’t mind that. I think that’s a question even my friends have asked multiple times. I have met him two or three times and got to know more about him. He seems very kind and caring not only towards me, but with everyone. I’ve been observing him and seen he treats people with respect.”

Lucy: “That’s good to hear. Make sure you get to know him better before the wedding. I feel like that wasn’t done in the olden days.”

Luna: “Hmm you’re right about that, for sure.”

We talked about all sorts of things and didn’t realise how much time had gone back. After so long for once, I had someone by my side and wasn’t on my own.

Luna: “Oh that reminds me. I’m having a get-together with some of friends this weekend and was hoping that you would come.”
Lucy: “Oh…I see. Umm, well, I usually don’t go.”

Luna: “You don’t have to come if you don’t want to. I know meeting people isn’t your thing right now. But I want you to know that there are more people in the world that are much better than the ones you have met in your life.”

Lucy: “I mean you’re surely right about that. However, I just don’t know how I feel about it. Is it okay if I tell you my answer later?”

Luna: “Yeah sure. It’s not a problem. You shouldn’t feel pressured and besides, I know my friends are gonna love you just as much as I do.”

Lucy: “Yeah? You think so?”

Luna: “Yup, I know so girl.”

After a little while, Luna left. Also because it was getting late, her father came to pick her up. Because for a lady, to go home late at night in my opinion, isn’t safe at all.

Though what Luna’s invitation said got me thinking. I want to go but how do I know if was ready to go or not? Having people in my life again? Was I ready for that?

The incident that happened in my past, only those who hurt me know about it. No one else does and I didn’t want to spend my night thinking about it at all. Also, it was getting late and I should probably sleep but I didn’t feel like it.

So instead, I thought of watching some TV and suddenly now, everything seemed boring to me and when I look over at everything when I’m extremely busy I’d think “yes, I totally want to watch this.” I really don’t understand myself anymore.

I just sighed and fidgeted more with what movies I should see and finally chose one. It was the new Tom and Jerry movie. Yes, I’m still a kid at heart. I could use some comedy in my life right now. And I thought to myself, that I can’t watch a movie without some snacks.

Going to my kitchen, I only prayed that I had some snacks and I did. I said to myself “I love myself for not eating them”. So I got some Flaming Hot Cheetos, which are my favourite, by the way. Some pineapple juice, and chocolates. Also don’t judge my taste preferences. These are life, okay? Lots of other people might like it too. Many people would love watching horror movies at night time, but me, who isn’t a fan of them, could never.

At the age of 7, when my school had this event for seniors, which I clearly don’t remember much about. So somehow I got to know the movies’ name and came home and watched a few clips and I swear, I didn’t get scared too much. Except on the first night. However, I couldn’t say the same thing about my poor older brother. He got so scared to the point that he would cry at night time so much. It had been like that for a 1 year.

Of course, all of us have fears and I’m not judging him at all. But I’m surprised it took him such a long time for him to conquer his fear. Back to the movie, I was sitting there chilling with my chips and juice when all of a sudden I heard a huge “THUD” sound and I screamed so loudly. What’s hilarious is that in the movie, there was thunder sounding and that sound from my side was also thunder.

I laughed at myself and hoped that if thunder was sounding outside then it would rain a whole lot too. After I finished the movie, which by the way, was absolutely amazing, I went to my room and opened my window to enjoy the rain.

It was so pleasant and I’m so glad that I wasn’t thinking about anything that would cause me harm and I was glad that I was alright.

After a while, I thought, “you know what know Lucy? Just sleep already”. And going to my bed, I thought if I should go or not. I said to myself, that I would think about this in the morning.

When I woke up in the morning, I was surprised that I slept so well and that I didn’t even know how long it took me to sleep. And I thought that I should have a good heavy breakfast today and I thought to call my mom and annoy her with such a question.

The phone went on ringing for a while till someone answered the phone.

Dad: “Hello Lucy?”

Lucy: “Oh, Hello dad. Is mom around?”

Dad: “She’s- oh she is right here.”

Mom: “Hello Lucy? Is everything okay?”

Lucy: “Mama~ what do I have for breakfast? I called because I wasn’t sure.”

Mom: “Did you just call me- to ask that?”

Lucy: “Yes mama. Now please tell me, what should I have?”

Mom: “Well why not eggs and bread that’s a good start.”

Lucy: “Mama, you out of all people in this world know, that I don’t like that at all.”

Mom: “Why not make a sandwich mixture and make that for breakfast.”

Lucy: “Too much work for the morning.”

Mom: “Then make pancakes for yourself.”

Lucy: “I’m not sure if I’m in the mood for that.”

I knew she was going to get annoyed any minute now and for me, it was so much fun.

Mom: “Then I don’t know. It’s better to eat something than to eat my head. Make sure to eat something. Hurry up.”

Lucy: “Okay, okay, ma’am thank you for the suggestion. I’ll make sure to eat something and send you a picture.”