Chapter 14

I just cried onto her and didn’t know why. The pain of the girls and the pain I went through. I could feel it all. I just didn’t know how to put it all in words.

Aurora: “Shh…it’s okay, you’re fine and so are we. Look at me Lucy, please don’t cry. That will make me cry as well.”

Flora: “If anything, all of those people have taught us something in our lives and that friend of mine was really sweet, kind, and caring towards me. It was because of my expectations I hurt myself.”

Scarlet: “We learned some things. Sure, it was the hard way but we made it through and are here today. Although we don’t know what has happened to you in the past, we will try our best to make you happy and heal what’s been broken.”

Raven: “This is why we want to help you with whatever you’re going through. No person ever deserves something like this.”

Luna: “No one is going to leave you alone anymore.”

Lucy: “Thank you so much, guys….for all your comforting words; really it means a lot to me that I found people who are able to share what I’ve been through. It makes me feel like I’m not alone in this.”

I was hoping to myself that these girls and I would have the relationship that I had been dreaming of. Maybe the world wasn’t so cruel and this may just be a blessing. I hoped to get close with them and open a new chapter in my life. I knew this much that it wasn’t going to be easy. I’ve been living in my past for a long time and didn’t let people enter my life. Will those closed doors finally open again?  That’s something time will be able to tell.

The girls and I chatted about all sorts of things together from games, fashion, and books. I know, those are really random topics but still, at least all of us weren’t silent and looking at each other’s faces. They even added me into their group chat so we could all communicate.

After staying there for about 3 hours, all of us went home. That had been the liveliest time of my life including the one I had with Luna. This feeling I had, was called happiness and my smile was no longer a fake one but a real one. And I’d hope that this would last for a long time.

After I reached home, I just sat on the couch and thought of my day, and then I heard my phone buzzing. Like a lot. There was one buzz and then another. I got shocked because I get don’t usually these many messages on a daily basis.

They were the pictures we took previously and I looked at myself again and I had never looked happier. I was also receiving messages from the girls. They were saying that it was so fun meeting me and that we should do it again. What I really loved about today was that I had observed that no one left anyone out. It was all of us in it together. Sometimes I feel people just don’t realize it, but one can feel left out. And although they don’t mean to do it on purpose, it’s just that a person can’t help but feel that way.

What got me thinking was what the girls had told me. The stories on their experiences that they faced. All of them were once broken and managed to get over their past. And here I am getting panic attacks from time to time. I need a solution on how I would be able to move on and I hope the girls would be able to help me in this. 
Afterward, I got up and thought that I wasn’t going to get much from just staying at home. I headed to the park for some fresh air. Maybe I would be able to think of some way that I could escape my past and be free. As I was walking in the park, I got hit by something again. Either my fate sucks or life just hates me. I turned to look back and to see it was that boy that I met the last time. But this time, he was with more people.

Kid: “Ohhhh sister it’s you!! Heyy! How are you??”

Lucy: “Ohh hello kid. I’m fine thank you…..what about you?”

?: “Umm…..Steven who is this you’re talking to?”

Steven: “Oh dad, this is the sister I was telling you about who played with me the last time.”

His Father: “Ahhh I see. Hello Miss…..”

Lucy: “Ah my name is Lucy sir.”

His father: “Thank you so much for playing with our little Steven the last time. He wouldn’t stop talking about it.”

Lucy: “Oh I didn’t do anything much other than just playing with him.”

Steven:  “But to me, it meant a lot.”

His father: “He’s right about that. It’s actually because my wife and I are mostly at work so whenever we get the time to play with him, we surely do. And as for his brother, he does but it depends.”

Lucy: “Oh yes, I understand well….in that case I wouldn’t mind playing and babysitting him for a few hours….I mean if it's alright with your family.”

His father: “Oh that would be really lovely. I will ask my wife and let you know what we think.”

Lucy: “Yes sure no problem…..this is my number. Contact me when you’ve made up your mind sir.”

Steven: “Sister, if you’re free right now. Could play with me please?”

Lucy: “Yeah sure why not? Let’s go!”

I was thinking to myself, had I had another sibling in my life. Would things still turn out like that? How they did with my brother. How would things turn out had I interacted more with my brother? Then it reminded me of the times I had tried. But he still wouldn’t come to me himself. Why didn’t he come to me? Did I make myself so unapproachable or something? Why did it seem to me that he disliked me so much? When he gets the most attention being the eldest….