Chapter 29

Since that day, I visited mom and dad as much as I could. To try to take care of them.

I wasn’t taking care of myself too much, because of what was happening, and like my brother said, I did take a lot of stress.

The good news is that my parents feel much better than before, but they still haven’t fully recovered yet.

In about 24 hours was one of the biggest events of my life and I felt like a zombie since I hadn’t slept well either because of my anxiety. I needed a break and I would probably only get it after the competition. I felt at some point I was being too hard on myself but I had to be so I could keep going.

There were times I was having panic attacks in between and had to snap out of it. I just felt like I had a huge boulder on my shoulder that I did not know how to bear. I just wanted to cry over it all but held it in because I couldn’t let my emotions get in the way.

I slept for 3 hours maximum and after that, I had some breakfast for energy then started to do some crafting again. I’m sure you’re all wondering what all is there to practice for a crafting competition. Well for one it’s always good to practice. I was trying all sorts of new techniques and styles of crafts. Some of which I have to learn to make quickly in a short amount of time.

While I was struggling to make a craft, which I had planned perfectly in my mind but did not go as well as I had thought it would, I heard the doorbell ring. My friends came to cheer me up and see how I was doing.

Scarlet: “Lucy, how many hours of sleep did you get hun? You look like you haven’t had a good night’s rest.”

Lucy: “Don’t kill me, but I only slept for 3 hours last night.”

All of them were in shock, and said “WHAT?!”

Lucy: “Well it’s because I wasn’t able to because of my anxiety so that’s why.”

Luna: “But girl you need sleep to function and not to mention you have the competition tomorrow.”

Scarlet: “Yea what if you get sick or something?”

Lucy: “I have no choice. There are still some things I have yet to do.”

Flora: “Okay then how about this. You sleep early today for the competition.”

Lucy: “Yea I will have to do that.”

Suddenly my phone started to ring and I picked up to see who it was. Emma was calling me.

Lucy: “Hey Emma is everything alright?”

Emma: “Hey yea. I wanted to let you know I came over to your city for a visit and thought that we should hang out.”

In my mind, how I wanted to tell her that I could not make it today because I wasn’t in the state to. But I couldn’t resist saying no, so I said,

Lucy: “Yea sure! When do you want to meet?”

Emma: “Later today. Is that okay for you?”

Lucy: “Yea sure why not?”

We made a plan and decided to meet in the afternoon.

Aurora: “Who was that? Is everything all right?”

Lucy: “Yea I just have to meet a friend today.”

My friends stayed with me for a while and left after about half an hour or so. They all motivated and cheered me up which somewhat gave me energy.

I went outside to go get myself some cold coffee because I really don’t like the hot kind. No matter what it is, it’s just so bitter and I don’t like stuff that’s bitter.

I usually don’t go that often to get coffee I just try to make it at home. But there are times where I was just craving for it.

After I did get my coffee, I went out to the park for a walk to just let everything out. The weather was lovely and as the wind touched my face, I felt so much at ease. Seeing nature and just letting everything in my mind go makes you feel so much better.

I had to go home after a while to choose what outfit I was going to be wearing. Moreover, had to somehow not look like a zombie.

I went for a casual outfit. A long pink dress with black leggings for the look. And did just a hint of makeup to cover my eye bags.

This time I headed out early and wasn’t late. We decided to meet at a restaurant she had made reservations for. I went and sat down at our table after coming.

A few minutes later, she arrived and hugged me.

Emma: “Heyyy Lucy. How are you?”

What I wanted to say was that my body at some point feels like crumpling and I want to lie down for a bit but instead, I said

Lucy: “I’m doing okay how are you?”

Emma: “I’ve been doing fine.”

Lucy: “That’s good to hear.”

Emma is the more introverted type unlike me who is extrovert. In terms of our personalities, we are totally different people. We talked to each other for I would say a long time and didn’t even notice how time flew by. I told her about the competition as well.

Emma: “I will surely try my best to come tomorrow. It must be a big day for you then.”

Lucy: “Yea it is. I would be happy if you came.”

Emma: “I remember in school you used to do all sorts of crafting for the competitions that were held. This field is your specialty.”

Lucy: “Yup for this is one of few things I’m good at. Though I wanted to ask, what brings you here anyway?”

Emma: “Well I had some business to attend to so that’s why. And then thought of meeting you.”

Lucy: “Ah I see-”

Suddenly I was interrupted by my phone buzzing and as I picked it up to see who it was; I saw that I had received some messages and calls from Miss Diana.

I had this uncomfortable feeling of knowing something was wrong.

Lucy: “Sorry Emma I have to take this call. Please excuse me.”

Emma: “Yea sure no problem.”

I answered the call.

Lucy: “Miss Diana, is everything okay?”

Diana: “I’m sorry to call you like this Lucy, but Steven actually fell down while playing. And he is throwing a fit right now that he wants to see you. I’m sorry again but could you please come here? I think only you can calm him down.”

My heart stopped and I was in a state of panic.

Lucy: “I’m on my way don’t worry.”

I felt bad that I had to leave Emma like that but I had no choice.

Emma: “Everything alright?”

Lucy: “Yea I’m sorry something urgent came up. So I’m sorry, but I’ll be leaving.”

Emma: “Yea it's okay we can meet after the competition, I’m still here”

Lucy: “Okay then bye-bye.”

Emma: “Byee.”

Before I left, I paid the bill without Emma knowing in case it would have been an issue of “I will pay” then “No I will pay because I invited you” and cause a fight. I paid because I felt terrible I had to leave like this but I was in need and that couldn’t be helped.