Chapter 30

I rushed to see Steven, as fast as I could and I had to stay calm so that I wouldn’t cause an accident. This day had turned out to be the most unusual.

As soon I reached, I saw Miss Diana who was waiting for me at the door. She looked concerned and worried.

Diana: “Thank goodness you’re here. I’m sorry we had to call you in like this.”

Lucy: “It’s okay Miss Diana. It’s not your fault. Let me see Steven so he calms down a bit.”

I went as quickly as I could to his bedroom and heard screaming noises from inside. When I opened the door, I saw his brother who seemed like he was trying to calm his brother down.

Steven: “SISTER YOU’RE HERE!!”

He got up from his bed and I went up to hug him.

Lucy: “What happened to you, Steven? Your mommy said you fell?”

Steven: “Well I was playing with my toys and jumping from the couch to the other one. Then I fell hard on the ground. It hurts so much sister.”

Lucy: “What’s hurting? Where did you get injured?”

Steven: “On my arms and legs…”

Ben: “You should be more careful bro. What if something worse happened to you, like breaking a bone? Which I’m glad you didn’t.”

Lucy: “Your brother is right about that. Could you please be careful next time kiddo?”

Steven: “Yes sister Lucy. I’m so happy you’re here. It makes me feel much better.”

Lucy: “Glad I came. I was scared when your mom told me.”

Maybe it was because Steven was scared and wanted comfort, which is why he called me.

Lucy: “Though if you don’t mind me asking little Steven why did you want to see me?”

Steven: “Well sister…..I knew you were the person when I was in pain. You could comfort me in a way I would feel safe.”

Ben: “Well that explains why you didn’t like it when I calmed you down with snacks.”

Lucy: “Ohhh I see. Well, you can count on me for that.”

Ben: “Though I want to ask you, Lucy, before this, were you busy?”

Lucy: “Ah well sort of. But it's fine. He needed me and I had to come.”

Steven: “Oh I’m sorry Sister….”

Lucy: “It’s okay little one. Everything is fine now. You know what, tomorrow I’m participating in a competition and I want you all to come to see me if that’s fine.”

Steven: “Suree I will ask mom and dad.”

After staying with them for a little while, I told his parents about the competition and they said that they would surely come and cheer me on tomorrow.

I headed back home and messaged Emma if she had reached home safely. Whereas my friends were messaging me and asking if everything was all right.

Then I heard the doorbell ring and was confused about who that could be.

And to my surprise, it was my brother who came over.

Lucy: “Hey. What’s up?”

Eric: “Hey. Just came to check up on you.”

Lucy: “How are you doing and how are mom and dad?”

Eric: “I’m doing great so are mom and dad. They are feeling much better now.”