Chapter 28

Lucy: “I’m not sure you guys, I just don’t have the confidence to do something like this.”

Luna: “We all are here to support you sister. Surely, it’s not going to be easy all the way but think of it this way; you will learn something new from the competition.”

Scarlet: “And it’s not about winning all the time. As Luna said, you will learn and even experience something.”

Flora: “And besides it’s not like you get opportunities like this at your front door.”

Raven: “All of us will stand with you. You’re not alone in this journey anymore.”

Aurora: “And we are telling you this because we know you can do something like this.”

Lucy: “I’m going to get criticized as well, for the work I’m going to be presenting and I don’t know if I’m okay with that either. Sometimes the comments can be….harsh, perhaps?”

Luna: “Yes they can but….it’s their job after all and there isn’t much you can do about it. Think about it hard Lucy, and let us know, okay?”

After staying with them a little while longer, I then went home. I thought about what they said and knew what they said was right. I mean, I do have some talent in me that I would gladly show to the world. People have said good things about my work. Which I do show online, but I guess I am just making excuses and holding myself back.

Even when I told my family about it, they said the same thing. They said they would encourage me with going for it and that I should definitely participate.

I asked myself directly to my heart if I wanted to do this and I did want to. I just had to tell myself that I would handle the criticism well. I will just go with the intention that I have a chance to win and keep my expectations low.

So after a little while of thinking, because I am unfortunately the type of person to overthink about almost everything, I was hoping that I made the right decision. I told my friends and family about it. They were super excited about it. In fact, my friends came again to help with the application and so did my brother.

The competition was in about a week and the rules were given in the application online. We had to send those photos of any of our craftwork from before and a video proof that we had made the craft ourselves. Only a few of us would be selected so that was the first step. For the competition, the constants will be given random materials to make something and present it to them.

It seemed scary at some point if I’m being honest but I had everyone to keep focus and calm. Because I can stress over the tiniest bit of things.

I practiced a lot as the days passed by. I told myself that I needed a break so I went to go home to see my family since it had been a while.

I told them I was coming but they seemed that there was something wrong again. I could sense it. Through their messages, I could tell that they did not want me coming but I went anyway to see what was really happening.

I was nervous, as I was going to their house and even when I stood at the door to ring the bell. It took a bit of time but after a while, my brother answered the door looking worried.

Lucy: “Brother what’s going on? Why do I get the feeling that something isn’t right?”

Eric: “You’re quick on this stuff aren’t you?”

He said with a sigh.

He took me inside and made me sit down to tell me that mom and dad were sick for a bit. Because she got dizzy while she was trying to go the bathroom, she fell in and got a big scar on her eyebrow. Luckily, she was fine everywhere else.

Lucy: “What- what happened while I was gone and no one told me-?”

Eric: “Because of the competition they didn’t want you to stress about them. Also since we know how you are like so that’s why.”

Lucy: “What do you mean, “How am I like”?”

Eric: “Well you care about your loved ones a lot and you wouldn’t have hesitated to quit from the competition because mom and dad weren’t well. And not to mention the amount of stress you would have taken.”

Lucy: “Well what are we going to do now? You look exhausted yourself and you can’t keep on going like this.”

Eric: “Look if mom and dad find out that you drop out of the competition, they’ll feel terrible. Which is why I said that I would take care of everything. And I will continue to do so till’ the completion.”

Lucy: “No but how-”

Eric: “I will manage just like you did when dad wasn’t well. Simple as that. And it won’t be that bad, they will be fine in a few days.”

Lucy: “Okay but let me help you clean up a bit.”

The house looked a little messy so I helped clean up here and there. I had to be careful since my parents were sleeping.

They got up after a while and I got to meet them with the note of giving them a lecture to take of their health. They cheered me on for the competition and told me to keep myself calm.

I felt guilty that I couldn’t stick around for too long because I had to practice more to make myself as close to perfect. It’s not that I’m bad at what I do, I just wanted to be sure and explore around with my ideas.

However, I did tell myself that I should check up on my parents more often and visit them in my free time. Rest is up to fate on how things will go from here on out.