Chapter 23

Scarlet: “I assume you know each other?”

Lucy: “Unfortunately yes, I do know her.”

Scarlet: “Unfortunately?”

Ava: “It’s actually a long story. To shorten it we used to be great friends once and now aren’t because of Lucy.”

Lucy: “I had my reasons to leave. You guys practically bullied and looked down on me.”

Ava: “Please, just because our teacher said something it triggered your stupid trauma. I still remember that there was a specific scent that made you remember. You are such a baby.”

Lucy: “Could you kindly shut up Ava?”

Scarlet: “How could you say such things about Lucy like that Ava?”

Olivia: “Look what the cat dragged in.”
Sophia: “Oh my my Lucy long time no see.”

Ava: “How does it feel to see your old friends Lucy?”

Lucy: “You guys WERE my friends, not anymore.”

Sophia: “What? You still afraid about your damn trauma? What was it about again?”

Olivia: “Ah right about that Teacher right? hahahhahah so dumb Lucy. You’re not STILL afraid of that, are you?”

Scarlet: “COULD YOU ALL SHUT THE HELL UP?!”

Ava: “What’s wrong with you scarlet? You can’t talk to us like that.”

Scarlet: “It’s bad enough I call you my sister. Now I have no respect for you at all. You’re a terrible human being Ava.”

Ava: “Oh shut up scarlet. Lucy, why don’t you do squats for us? Show us how you have overcome your fear.”

Suddenly, all of the thoughts that haunted me, that were caged in my brain like a box, those chains broke, allowing the memories to fill in my mind. The trauma, the horrible memories were playing in my head like some sort of horror movie.

I started to have tears in my eyes but tried controlling it. I just ran away after that.

Scarlet: “Lucy!!”

I ran without thinking where I could end up. For me, I just wanted to escape it, but now I couldn’t. The past has always and shall ALWAYS haunt me. My dark past is out now. I couldn’t stop crying. My breathing was unstable and I felt as if I was being choked at some point.

Then I felt someone hold my arm and had stopped me in my tracks. And pulled me into a hug.

Scarlet: “Lucy please don’t run. You don’t even know where you’re going. Let’s get you home, okay?”

I just cried as she said that. I was thinking to myself maybe Ava was right, maybe I was a baby. Like how a wolf would howl in grief when they lose a panther from their pack.

I tried to calm myself down a bit. But I was really thankful she was there for me. I don’t know what I would do without them.

Scarlet: “Come on now let’s go….”

She made me sit in the passenger’s seat and she drove me home.

And saw that my brother was there too as well. He hugged me and said,

Eric: “Lucy what happened?! Why did you cut the call like that? I almost passed out because I worried so much about you.”

Lucy: “I’m sorry brother that I made you worry like that. I will contact you later and tell you all the details. Right now, I don’t feel all that well.”

I said to him while hugging him back.

Eric: “Why do your eyes look so sore and your little bunny nose looks red…..Wait- did you cry?! Did someone make you cry?”

Lucy: “Well it’s something like that but-”

Eric: “WHO WAS IT?!”

Lucy: “Calm down brother I will tell you everything later, okay?”

Scarlet: “Right now I will take care of her, don’t worry. You can meet her tomorrow if that’s possible.”

Eric: “Alright I’ll leave her in your care. Thank you.”

Scarlet: “It’s not a problem at all. Come on Lucy.”

We headed on inside and scarlet informed me that she called the rest of the girls for support.

I could hear them from outside and heard the doorbell ring like 1000 times.

After scarlet opened the door they all came in as if I had broken my bones and was in horrible pain.

Luna and Aurora: “ARE YOU OKAY LUCY?!”

Flora: “WHAT HAPPENED?!”

Raven: “WHO DID WHAT?!”

Lucy: “Guys….I’m much better thank you for all of your care and support…..”

Scarlet: “Look you don’t have to tell us what had happened to you in the past but-”

Lucy: “I think it’s time I tell you all….I can’t hide it now….”

Luna: “Are you sure about this?”

Lucy: “Very sure….so here’s how the story went….and the reason why I don’t make friends anymore….because to me, friends before just caused me pain and sorrow. Everyone leaves me in the end just like they did…..and I will never forget it. Olivia, Sophia, Ava, and I were great friends and I always told them how much I cared and loved them. They did the same for me only….I hadn’t realized how they weren’t all nice. They would blackmail me telling me that I should leave some of my friends because they weren’t ‘good enough for me. They would do and say things I didn’t like. Even when after I told them, I was so blinded by the fact I loved them as friends I couldn’t see that….We were the type to talk every day and all day, even after school. But things change of course….in school, I had a teacher who really hated me and didn’t hesitate to show it in class. My parents just talked to her that maybe she should reduce the amount of work she gives but she flared up in class because of that.”

Luna: “What do you mean flared up in class?”

Lucy: “She would always call out on me. Pinpoint me out in class. Every single day. It got so bad one day that I came home crying and hid in the bathroom to hide my tears. Because I knew if I told my parents, then they would mostly complain again which would make it worse……and yet my so-called friends weren’t there for me during that time. They wouldn’t talk about it much or comfort me about it. They’d say that “Oh it’s gonna be fine” or “You’re just overanalyzing the situation”. Yet my other classmates would give me their sympathy and feel bad for me. Yet they didn’t see anything wrong with that. One day I talked to her about it again to see how it would go and that was my mistake to do so.”