Chapter 25

Instead of packing our stuff for the sleepover since we mainly needed clothing, all of us thought it would be a good idea to go for a little late shopping since there was a sale at our favorite stores so, we couldn’t resist. That way we made memories too and the items we’d buy would be special to us.

After the shopping spree, we went to Luna’s house for our sleepover. Like little kids we played our childhood games and had a blast. And you would think maybe we wouldn’t sleep at night right? We’d stay awake until morning. Well actually, we slept by 3 am or something but I still couldn’t sleep too well. I woke again at 5 in the morning. So I thought of going out in the living area and watching some YouTube videos using my headphones so the noise wouldn’t go to the other rooms.

I messaged my brother in case he was worried and was going to visit me in the morning. And to my surprise, he was awake. I asked why he was awake at such a late hour. He said because he as well couldn’t sleep and was worried about what had happened to me. I told him that he didn’t have to worry too much because most of what had happened was in the past and plus I had a lot of explaining to do. So we decided to meet each other in the morning.

After an hour and a half, I went back to sleep. And in the morning, we all thought after breakfast we would meet each other again at the beach for a little picnic and some relaxing time.

I went home and got ready to first meet my brother at the same place where we had bought and eaten ice cream.

I have to admit I was a little nervous about this because of his reaction. I didn’t know what to expect.

When I reached the destination and saw him, I got even more nervous.

Eric: “Hey sis…feeling better?”

Lucy: “Yes Brother I feel a lot better. How are you?”

Eric: “I’m fine don’t worry. I really want to know what had happened to you yesterday.”

My brother has changed a lot over time. Now he worries more about me. Even last night he wasn’t able to get this topic off his mind and I was really touched by this.

Lucy: “I’ll tell you but I’m scared of how you will react….But I really want to thank you big brother, for caring for me.”

I said while hugging him.

Eric: “That’s my job Lucy and it’s the least I can do after all the pain I have caused you before.”

Eric: “WAIT- DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG?!”

He looked at me in shock.

Lucy: “No no dear brother. Jeez. Calm down, no.  So don’t be too shocked at what has happened to me and just umm……breathe?”

I took a deep breath and thought I was ready but when I opened my lips to speak, I processed something and said something else like a malfunctioned robot.

In the end, I said everything to him and he just listened to whatever I had to say.

After I was done speaking like some chatterbox he looked blank. I couldn’t read much off his face. But it looked like he might actually kill someone.

Eric: “So before I mix things up you said that one, a tuition teacher abused you and then later on verbally abused you. Then your friends made fun of you for that and yesterday that happened to you again?”

Lucy: “Umm….yes. That’s what happened.”

Eric: “Okay so where do they live so I can give them a lesson?”

Lucy: “As much I want someone to teach them a lesson, I know karma will do the trick in the end.”

Eric: “But why did they do all that?! Just why?!”

Lucy: “I wonder…but now brother I’m in a much better place. I got you by my side and amazing friends whom I’ve met.”

Eric: “Moving forward, when you need someone to talk to, don’t even think and call me okay? And also remember you’re so very strong to have gotten through all of this and I’m so proud of you. You’re still standing on your feet with a smile as if nothing has happened. Well done.”

Lucy: “Thank you very much, Brother.”

After the meet-up with my brother, I went to my house and tried making brownies for my friends.

And I must say it was a success after following the recipe and the after result was great.

After that, I went to the beach and waited for my friends since I was the first to arrive.

All of us went into the water and of course got wet all over. But we didn’t care because we were having so much fun.  We even found seashells and collected some for memories.

After our dip in the water, it was food time! And everyone worked hard to make their dishes.

Lucy: “Guys, I never properly got to say thank you.”

Flora: “Now come on Sister! We only listened to what you had to say.”

Luna: “Exactly, we didn’t do anything special.”

Lucy: “But to me, it means a lot, so thank you so much.”

Scarlet: “You’re absolutely welcome best friend.”

I was smiling again and thought to myself that maybe, now it’s my time to actually be happy. That rain cloud is gone and it’s sunny for a while in my life now with a magical rainbow. Because of me being captured in the past, now I know what it’s like to be joyful, to smile, and to feel happiness, a long-awaited emotion.