Chapter 27

The next day, I thought I would go and meet my brother since I had been thinking about him all morning. I wanted to surprise him so I asked my parents first about where he could be. And got to know he was hanging out with some friends.

So I thought maybe I would just go for a “hey” and come back since that would be enough for me. Even though I did want to hang out with him, I didn’t want to bother him.

So I headed to my car and drove to the location that my mother gave me. She was able to tell me where he was after asking him and I couldn’t wait to see the look on his face. He surprised me once and I hoped I would get to do something like that for him as he did for me. But for now, I wanted to surprise him simply and see how it goes.

As I was driving, I didn’t know where I was dozing off and didn’t realize what I was thinking. I was in such deep thought about the day I met Ava and her friends again at the bakery. Then suddenly, everything shook so badly.

Apparently, I had accidentally hit a car but nothing serious happened. I only felt a little dizzy and that was it. I got out of the car to see if the other person was alright. Normally I’m a very careful driver. I just don’t know what happened and couldn’t even begin to process who I saw in front of me. It was Steven’s brother along with my brother and Steven himself.

I was asking myself in many different ways what was going on right now. And even they were surprised to see me as well. Steven came running to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back of course with confusion taking over my mind.

We all just looked at each other and didn’t know what to ask first. After all, everything happened so quickly. So as soon as we were taking care of the situation, we went to a café nearby and talked about it. Though Steven didn’t let me go the whole time. He was stuck to me like a little kid would which was so adorable.

Lucy: “I’m so sorry I didn’t look properly where I was going. I hope all of you are alright.”

Eric: “We’re fine, don’t worry. What happened though?”

Lucy: “I was in deep thought and didn’t realize what was going on.”

Eric: “Well the good news is, everything is okay and next time sis, just be a little careful.”

Lucy: “Of course.”

Eric: “What’s shocking me right now is, Steven is so attached to you and I’m still so confused about that. So you know each other?”

Steven: “Actually, she is more like a sister to me. She comes and plays with me from time to time.”

Eric: “Oh so you take care of him. Okay, that’s good.”

Ben: “But you know Eric, your sister has taught me a lot. I learned a lot from her.”

Ben was Steven’s older brother and I had no idea that he was friends with my brother. That would be the last thought I would get in my mind.

Eric: “Wait so that’s her?! The one who changed you?!”

Ben: “Yup that’s her.”

Eric: “Wait so Sis, how do you know Steven?”

I explained to him the whole story and then he seemed to understand all of it.

Lucy: “Wait so what do you by “I changed you”, Ben?”

Ben: “The way you were with Steven, he liked and adored you so much. And it made me realize some time after why he hasn’t been like this with me. And then I understood why. It was because of my behavior and how I was with him. Even Eric told me when he would talk about you to me. So really, I have to thank you a lot for the things you both have done.”

Lucy: “Oh I really didn’t do anything much other than giving an example to you. Which I’m glad worked.”

Steven: “Now we all are like a happy family! Yayyyyyyyy!!”

All of us laughed at what Steven said. After that, all of us hung out. And that even made Steven happy. We took him to the amusement park and I myself felt like a little kid over there.

Even though I hadn’t planned this during my day, I still enjoyed it very much and would have loved to do it again.

When I lied down on my bed, I went to sleep thinking about how joyful I was these days. And how thankful I was for these days.

I reminded myself how I used to be back then. I would have my depressing moments. There would be days that I didn’t want to get out of bed. Nonstop days where I could cry because of random thoughts.

But now I’m out of that dark hole. I’m seeing light after such a long time through the dark tunnel.

The next day I woke up because of the noise I kept on hearing. And I was saying to myself who was making such noise in the morning, can’t I get some sleep? And realized that my phone kept on ringing and I was like was there a special day or was I supposed to meet someone?

And then I answered the call with my eyes half open and half asleep.

Lucy: “Hello….?”

Luna: “Where have you been Lucy?? All of us have been calling you for a long time! And are you okay? Why does your voice sound like you’re sick?”

Lucy: “I’m sorry Luna I was asleep. Did something happen?? Was I supposed to meet you guys today?”

Luna: “No hunny. Check the group chat quickly! Also sorry for waking you up but we are really excited to show you something.”

Lucy: “Alright Luna, I will check the group don’t worry. Just gimme a minute.”

After I got out of bed and freshened up quickly, I went to see what was happening in the group chat.

There was a competition happening and so the girls wanted me to enter that. Apparently, the competition was about Art and so when they saw the notice, they wanted to inform me about it.

We decided to meet up and talk about this. Even though I wanted to enter this competition, I was afraid to because I was worried about the criticism I would receive. Was my work even that good for me to show it to the world?

I mean sure I post on the internet, but am I ready for something like this? The only type of competition I’ve done was in school. There were many times where I have gotten a position but now, I wasn’t too sure.

Hello everyone. I hope all of you are doing well.

My sincerest apologies for not uploading the chapter last week. But I hope this will make up for it.

Please do share the book with your friends and family. Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Thank you to every single one of you for all the love and support you have given to the book.

Have a good day everyone. Thank you once again.

Good morning, Good afternoon, good night. Wherever you are.

Take care everyone~