Chapter 17

Lucy: “This is so cute mom. But why did you get me a water bottle?”

The bottle really was adorable. It was a large bottle, about I would say 2 liters. It was sparkly and had glitter on it and you would think, I wouldn’t love something like that. Yet it was perfect for me. I was actually thinking why she would bring me something like this. Because when I used to be at home, I would drink about 1 glass of water a day. And later on, that caused me a lot of health problems, because of dehydration, which I think caused me dizziness. But now I keep a bottle with me on hand.

Mother: “When I was shopping online, I saw this and it reminded me of you.”

Lucy: “I love it so much, mom. You still know that I’m a kid at heart.”

Mother: “I also bought it so that you take of your health. Since you’re not at home all the time, I don’t know how you’re doing. So keep this in your home or where you work the most so that you keep yourself hydrated. Also, I brought something else I liked for you…..”

Lucy: “Aww there is more?”

Mother: “I bought this watch that I really liked and thought, why not get it for you?”

Lucy: “Oh my stars mom. It’s so beautiful. Thank you so much, mom.”

I rushed to her, giving her a tight hug.

Mother: “It’s my pleasure.”

She said to me as she hugged me back.

Lucy: “Also thank you for the food and for coming to visit me.”

It was better than me being alone. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I would have stayed in bed, freshened up in the evening, just stayed depressed in my bed, and not care about anything all day if it wasn’t for mom.

Mother: “Everything okay Lucy? You seem really down….”

I wish I could tell you everything mom……I really do….but I can’t because I’m afraid to and that you might not understand me. The thing that pains me causes tears to come out of my eyes. You shall not know anything of it.

Lucy: “Yeah mom everything is okay. I just want to put my head on your lap so I feel at ease.”

Mother: “Hmm okay…”

I told my mom to sit on the couch and then placed my head on her lap. She patted my head softly and it reminded me of how safe that place was. I don’t remember exactly, but I think that was something my teacher told me. That “Nonetheless, it is such a calming feeling. You feel as if nothing can harm you.” I wanted to cry so hard and tell her everything but I had to hold in so much and it was beyond difficult. I had to keep my lips sealed and my tears hid inside of my eyes.

Then I heard the doorbell ring and I was wondering who it was. I checked through the keyhole and saw that it was my father. I opened the door and welcomed him in.

Lucy: “Wait mom how did you get inside the house?”

Mother: “In case of an emergency, I have another key so I can come in and I came in because you didn’t answer your phone, nor opened the door, so I just let myself in.”

I was thinking to myself that she must have been concerned really badly. She has a spare key so that’s good. But then again, those times are very rare that I don’t answer the door or texts. So there wasn’t anything major but still, it isn’t a bad thing to be prepared. Like the saying my parents use “better to be safe rather than sorry.”

Lucy: “Oh okay that’s good. Dad, would you like something to drink?”

Dad: “Just water is fine.”

I gave him water and after that just had a normal conversation and then they left. And then had the house to my myself.  It was so quiet and to some people, it would be so peaceful but really, it’s just suffocating to me. When you have no one but yourself. Being alone from time to time is fine because you need to give time to yourself. But giving to yourself for me is not it.

The reason now that I moved out was also because here I don’t have to worry that I have to hide and cry. Before I used to cry in my room and not come till the redness from my face was gone. You could tell that I cried just from my nose. Sometimes I would go and cry in the bathroom and it would take ages for my puffy eyes to become normal. My eyes would get red from time to time too. When I cry, sometimes, I keep on going and going because the pain inside doesn’t go away at all.

Here I have no issue because I can cry and look like a mess whenever I want without having to worry about it.

After a little cleaning of the house, I decided to go out and take some pictures. I was in the mood to do some photography and thought why not?

So I got ready and checked to see if my camera was charged. Luckily it was so I thought “Okay Lucy, let’s go now.”

So I thought of first going to my favorite park and take pictures over there since the weather was lovely and today just seemed fresh. The sun was shining but the clouds were also present. So the sun was playing hide and seek with us. When I do decide to take pictures, I normally take them of the sky or the buildings. Basically anything unique. But I don’t take pictures of people, I try to avoid doing that. Sometimes by mistake, they come in the shot so I try to crop them out.

I enjoy taking pictures at night and when the clouds are out. The end result is so stunning. Even though I take pictures and all, I still have a lot to learn. I try new techniques and styles but they don’t always work out.

When I reached the park, I took pictures of the sky, the green trees, and the beautiful flowers present there. When I was walking along a path, it reminded me a lot of Steven. It reminded me of the dinner that I also had to attend.

After I was done, I just walked on the side of the street for a bit. I don’t usually go out of the park and walk around, but I just did so. As I was, something caught my eye.

It was a pet store and I don’t think I had ever seen it before. It’s actually because I hadn’t come here too often. So it seemed newly built. So I thought why not go inside and see.

As I went in, my jaw dropped seeing all of the cute little animals. You see, I’m also a huge animal lover and have always wanted a pet cat. But due to the fact that my mother doesn’t like them at all, I couldn’t get one.

As I was looking around, the staff there were also answering all the questions I had. They were friendly and kind towards their customers.

The part that I was scared of, was that even though I wanted a cat, the question is, am I ready to get one? Because I have to take care of it as well, of course. And give it love, time, and care. It’s like a kid because those factors are the same. So I had to think about it a little.

As I was going through the different cat breeds and seeing them, something happened and I just didn’t know how to describe it in words.