Discussions with a Goddess

"Uhhh. Ok. Where should I begin asking questions? First off, how is she your daughter? Why was she with the yakuza? And more importantly, why am I the only one you're talking to?" Izuku shot off the three most important questions that were going inside his brain off for the fox goddess to sigh.

"To answer your last question first, I am telling you due to you being the head of the house. Though Ochako or Tousa would've been the more understandable to learn of this, you are the next head of the inari house and the father of my daughter at the moment by legal means. It is an older custom that has almost no merit in this age, but humor an old customed woman."

"I'm sorry lady Inari."

"Quite alright." Izuku looked away a bit, noticing the outline of Inari's body in the water. "I suppose starting at the beginning is understandable. Eri's biological father is the head of another house of Inari. Or should I say, was." Inari went down into the water more for her head to be present. "Before Eri was born, the family was graced with a baby girl blessed with seven tails. This child was a blessing for the house since they couldn't attempt to have one for years and struggled financially. Because of that, they feared that this would be the end of their house until a silver lining came for them. As such, there was nothing standing in their way to give the next offspring of their family. However, the mother and child did not survive childbirth." Izuku felt horrible that this happened.

"So what happened after."

Inari looked down before answering. "The family were loyal devoters almost as much as the Urarakas are. As such, I could not let this family go without an heir. So I had offered the head of the house a chance. I would give him an heir if he would continue his devotions to me as well as restore the temple he lived in to its former glory. He agreed, and began operations to restore it the next day. Nine weeks later, I had brought him my child who he named Eri."

"So that's how Eri's your child? She's your actual daughter." Inari nodded. "Wait, but what happened to have Eri in Overhaul's hands?"

"That happened about three years after this. Overhaul had learned of my lineage's power and discovered that Eri is a nine tailed fox. He saw this as a sign to go and take my daughter for his own purposes. He was trying to tamper with the fertility of quirk bearing humans to make the genes become extinct."

"What happened to the father?" Inari held her head down for Izuku to understand what happened. "I'm sorry you had to have that happen."

"...When she was taken, Overhaul had constantly used her as a guinea pig for about three years. I had watched over her like any of my lineage and I began to feel disgusted with humanity. I wanted nothing more than to enter into his domain and coat the walls red with his blood." A fox came over with a drink of sake to give the fox deity. She accepted and drank it all in one go.

"What stopped you?"

"I am not the god of death and the afterlife as such I can not prematurely end a human's or the life of any living creature before the amount of years it has assigned to it has elapsed. You have an interesting amount of years and it's well over a mere century. Back on topic, The god of death is my brother, but I myself was powerless to do anything except influence her and give her the perfect opportunity to escape. Right into your arms I might add. The rest is well, I don't think I need to explain that. As for the fate of Overhaul, you may ask my brother what he did to him per my request. Biologically speaking, Eri is a clone of myself in your terms."

Izuku grit his teeth when she mentioned Overhaul. "I hope he's suffering for what he did."

"He is. Very." Izuku still felt horrible knowing Eri had to deal with this, but worse for Inari who had to accept this as something that happened.