Learning of Prayer

Eri and Ochako sat in the common space of the dorms with some strange older books in front of them. The fox mother seemed to be reading off of them as Eri did her best to listen as much as possible. "On August 29th, our shrine maidens offer Inari an offering of prayer and renuity. This will be the only time in our lives that the current shrine maidens will have the ability to cleanse the shrines we worship. This is to offer renewity and life into our lineage in a form cleaning away any foul spirits that are retained from the year."

"But why is cleaning the shrine any other time of the year considered bad?" Eri asked for Ochkao to pat her head.

"Because our objective isn't the shrine, it's the offering. The head of the house is responsible for maintenance. If the shrine maiden at the time does not have a husband, we wait and hold out for the person who wishes to maintain our shrine with little to no personal gain from it. This is deemed our family's greatest blessing since we believe Inari brings us these men as a way to thank us for our constant offering and protection of her people." Ochako explains this while petting Kitsu on the sofa with them who was half asleep and smiled at the sensasion. "As such, it is our job as shrine maidens to marry this man as a thank you for their appeasement of Inari."

"So I'm guessing the cleaning of the shrine is like saying the man is trying to retain the purity of the shrine itself since you said that the shrine maidens clean it once a year for that reason?" Izuku asked, sitting in a chair while holding Saeko in his hands and bouncing her on his knee.

"Exactly."

"Then what does the horny stuff you do with Deku consist of?" Bakugou asked as some other members of the class had been listening to Ochako explain their religion to Eri.

"I've been wondering that as well. You act more like a dog in heat than a fox shrine maiden." Yaoyorozu mentions while rubbing a fox's stomach. "Also, aren't we past the heat cycle for foxes? There shouldn't be a reason you're doing this as much as you are."

"That's a different reason that I'm amazed you all aren't realizing it yet." Everyone looked at Ochako for her to sigh in annoyance. "Fertility. We worship a GODDESS OF FERTILITY! Fertility means healthy crops and making babies depending on how you take it. Inari in our culture represents both. Having a lively house is something that is highly respected in our culture and is looked at as a strong cultural heritage for us. The more children we have, the happier we make Inari."

"So your religion encourages you to get pregnant as many times as possible?" Ochako nods at Ashido for her to jokingly make a claim to Kirishima. "Maybe I should join it. You'd enjoy that, wouldn't you?"

"Mina. Not in public." Kirishima blushed a bit with her laughing it off.

"Our culture refuses outsiders from coming in unless they are married into it. If you were to be part of the Inari lineage, you'd be married to a male of the family and be requested and somewhat required as to keep the line going, to bear children of that man. Also, if you're not committed to this, you are killed on the spot by several of Inari's foxes and devoured.Inari takes your commitment to our lineage very seriously and won't accept half baked commitment."

A chill ran down everyone's spine hearing this as a response to how they would die if Inari didn't find them worthy of being part of a family. "Kinda makes me wonder why she thought I was worthy. I genuinely thought the entire thing was someone throwing a prank on me that was going a little overboard."

"A lot of the men in our family thought that, but Inari probably saw something in you that she didn't with those that would normally think this. Commitment. We need to make sure our new family members understand that this isn't like any other marriage where if things don't work out, you can get a divorce. We need to have men that understand you're in our family, so you must stand by your lover through thick and thin."