The Beach boy and Fox Girl

Alright folks, first chapter of a new story. Before we start, this'll start in Ochako's perspective with her family being worshipers and a family line of shrinemaidens for as long as they could remember. She'll also have a different quirk in this that will give her fox ears and tails with some other parts that'll be explained later down the road as things  go on. Also her height and body will be a little different, so I'll explain that in the next chapter. Enjoy

The early morning sun illuminates the rice paper doors of her bedroom, a pair of fox-like ears twitch atop her head feeling the heat of the morning sun. She stretches reaching her arms far above her head and yawns before slowly opening her eyes letting them adjust to the light. The tatami sleeping mat she had slept on making her five tails stiff from being laid on for the past 10 hours of her rest. She rolls to the side from her back and flicks her tails to get the blood flowing to them again, moving each one independently of the others to fully rid herself of the tiredness.

Once the tiredness has totally left her, she slowly gets up from her bed mat. She had never been a fan of the mornings but the duties of the shrine couldn't wait. Now up and off of the floor, she walks over to the rice paper door covering her closet and opens it. in front of her is the white and red wedding kimono she would wear when she meets her husband. She stares at it longingly, wanting to know the feeling of its fine silk against her skin. Next to it is the shrinemaiden's kimono she had worn every day since her tenth birthday. She is the shrinemaiden of Kami no Inari, the god of fertility, sake, rice and of the fox. Her brown tails and their white color point accents flick back and forth as she takes the kimono down from the mannequin she placed it on the evening before, replacing it with the silk pajamas she slept in.

Sliding the door to her room open, she exits her room and walks through her traditional Japanese shinto shrine manner her family has owned for generations. Though modern day effenities are now inside the home as well. Her father sitting on a floor pillow eating his breakfast and watching the morning programming, her mother finishing plating the food for herself and daughter. Ochako passes a set of white and red samurai armor that her grandfather wore, it's Kitsune mask staring back at her and his spirit watching over the family from beyond the grave. After her mother hands her the bowl of rice porridge, eggs, and dried kombu, she claps her hands together and thanks her mother for the meal. The morning foxes that call the shrine home all gathered around to watch them that morning. Her mother starting on something to give the foxes to eat, the chirps and yelps of the fox pups playing was the sound of home. The Uraraka family manner, the protectors of Mustafu's shrine to the fox god.

Each morning was the same routine, after an early breakfast she would take the food to the foxes and tended to the bonsai trees. After she would clean the statues of the foxes and the main shrine itself. Afterwards she would make the trip through the torii gates to the beach head. She dreaded that morning walk, the beach was filthy, desecrated by an illegal landfill and the shrine at the torii gate at the beginning of the beach was in shambles, people had damaged it when they threw the rubbish there in the first place. Though she dreaded the walk, mainly for the wretched smell of the landfill, she harbored some excitement to see if a man of pure heart had tended to the shrine. As is her custom, should any of pure heart tend to the shrine without wish of monetary gain or any sort, she would become the bride of that pure hearted man. She dreamed of the day she would find him, but more than half a decade had passed since she became the shrine maiden and her hopes were starting to fade.

"Will someone ever clean this beach? Nobody even comes to the shrine anymore, it used to be so lively when I was little." She says to herself as she walks along the torii gates towards the beach. She felt as if this was a fool's errand, the true definition of insanity.

As she gets to the beach, something peculiar catches her eye, a young man seemingly cleaning the beach, he hadn't gotten much done but she could see the stand where he was cleaning. "Is he cleaning the beach?" She thinks to herself, watching him wrap chains around an abandoned engine block and start to pull it towards the staircase leading from the beach to the street. She doesn't know how much time has passed as she watches him clean, he goes around the small circle of sand he had cleared, removing more and more trash and loading it into a dumpster on the parking lot above the shore. Her curiosity getting the best of her and captivating her attention as she watches this green haired man clean the shore. From morning to dusk he is there, though she had to leave to attend to the other tasks revolving around the shrine. When she returned at the end of the day she saw him, lying on his back and breathing heavily, he was out of breath but the area he had cleaned was far larger than when he had started. "Did he work here all day by himself?" She wondered.