8

Amelia was in a calm state as she sat on the bench on her porch, drawing in her sketchbook. It was Friday which meant she had her weekend off and could just relax and gather herself.

"Nice drawing" A voice spoke out as somebody sat down beside her on the bench. So much for relaxing.

"What do you want, Marcus?" She sighed, she didn't even have to see who it was to know it was him.

"I wanted to make sure we were cool" He breathed out and as she turned to the side she watched him while debating her answer. He had his hands in the pockets of his jacket and his eyes were glued onto the street in front of them.

"Never been cooler" She let out bitterly, her attention landing back on her drawing.

"Really? Because you kinda seem upset"

"Well, maybe I'm upset because I had to steal the plan b from my mom's drawer because I was too afraid to buy it at the store. Not that my mom noticed anyway because she was too preoccupied being blacked-out" She started rambling as her eyes started to become watery. "And, I have no idea what I'm doing because that was my first time. And, now I have to hide all of that from my friends and my boyfriend who I've cheated on twice now with you"

She started to full-out cry, all the emotions she had bottled up in the last couple of days being set free. As she gathered up the courage to look at him, he looked like a mix of shocked and confused. She wasn't worried about anything she had just told him whatsoever, he already knew about her mother.

To her surprise he didn't walk away or sit there without doing or saying anything, he embraced her in a hug he knew she needed as she cried into his chest.

"I was your first time?" He questioned softly.

"Yeah" She nodded into his chest.

At her response he broke the hug, leaning in and kissing her. She gave in for a second before she snapped out of it and stopped.

"Wait what are we doing? People could have seen us" She said with wide eyes, gazing around her to make sure Max or Ginny wasn't anywhere outside of their houses.

"Your mom probably has more plan b's, right? That lasts for a day or two at least" He let out casually as his eyes landed on her house then back onto her.

She knew exactly what he was hinting at.

"Look, I'm not just some fuck buddy that you can sleep with whenever you want, Marcus. I'm your friend" She let out disappointedly. She was sad and the first thing he thought about was sex.

"I know that"

Her phone vibrated and she took it up from her pocket to see a message from Max.

Maxine: Mom and dad are at our lake house in Maine for the weekend. I'm throwing a party so get over here so we can get ready:)

She looked up from her phone again to tell Marcus that she had to go, but when her eyes traveled to the side she saw him already walking away towards his house. Guess he got the memo.

She walked in and back up to her room as she went over to the closet and picked up the unopened vodka bottle which stood by an empty one. She also took some of her makeup with her as she headed down again and out the door.

"Finally" Max groaned as Amelia walked into the room, putting the makeup she brought on the desk. Her attention landed immediately on the bottle in her hand. "I see you aren't messing around tonight"

"There haven't been any party in a while so I plan on getting shit-faced" Amelia explained simply as she threw herself onto the bed. That and the fact she needed a pause from her thoughts.

She opened the bottle and tilted her head backward as she chugged a bit of the vodka.

The taste mixed with the burn as she downed it was oddly satisfying. When she had enough she stretched her arm out, offering some to Max.

"God, you're my spirit animal" She smiled as she took the bottle gladly.

"So, who's coming to the party?" Amelia questioned curiously.

"Rest of a-man, Ginny, the boys in our friend group, oh, and I invited Peter" She replied trying to recall who else was going to be there. "Marcus is home so he'll probably crash the party, and that means Padma most likely will be there too"

Peter and Marcus in the same room, absolutely great. She wasn't drunk enough for that yet.

"Give me that" Amelia laughed out lowly as she waited for Max to stop chugging. Looked like she wasn't the only one planning to get drunk. "Maxine Baker"

"Alright, alright" She chuckled as she handed back the bottle.

After that, they both drank some more and did their makeup as they waited for the others to arrive which didn't take long. First to arrive was the rest of a-man who had Ginny and the boys with them. Then, Padma came as Max had predicted and it was only then Marcus came downstairs with the rest of them. The only one yet to arrive was Peter.

"Ok, so let's say there's this girl at school I really like, should I tell her? Or should I be cool about it" Max started ranting as they sat on the couch, both with drinks in their hands. The rest was all over the place except Abby who sat in a chair across them.

Amelia had started to feel tipsy, but nothing too much yet.

"I mean..." She started with a small smile, trying to process what she was trying to say. Her brain was all fuzzy and blurry. "If you love someone you should shout it over the rooftop. I would just go over to that girl and be like...hey, you're awesome"

"That's a bit melodramatic, don't you think?" Abby let out unamused. She hadn't had as much to drink as the two of them.

"Oh, shush" Amelia chuckled before she took another sip. "We only live ones so why not, if it fucks up things that's ok, nobody's going to remember in five years anyway"

"You're so right. You should be my therapist"
Max let out with a squeal.

A really good song came on and Amelia was quick on her feet, standing in front of Max and offering her hand dramatically. "Can I have this dance, madam?"

"Of course you can" Max chuckled as she took her hand and stood up too. They both struggled to hold their balance but managed to get to the middle of the living room without tripping.

They danced for a while along with Ginny and Norah until they heard the front door open and close and in came Peter.