30

Lunch rolled around and Amelia found herself sitting at her usual spot in the cafeteria with the rest of her friends.

All they were babbling about was the Halloween party and everything that occurred at it. She, however, was in her own world, her one leg sitting on top of the other to try and ease the feeling that was in between them.

Her eyes darted across the cafeteria to try and catch a glimpse of the pair of mesmerizing brown eyes she'd been looking into earlier that day, but it wasn't to any use. He never went to the cafeteria during lunch.

Max laid her attention onto Amelia only to see her stare into emptiness, her lips slightly curved upwards and her cheeks redder than normal. She snickered to herself as she thought that was how she would look in class if she was having a sex daydream.

"Earth to Amelia" She eventually let out, snapping her finger in front of her face.

"What?" She answered back abruptly as she turned her head towards her, a somewhat startled look on her face. The rest of the group was in their own conversations.

"What were you thinking about right now?" Max questioned with a playful hint in her voice.

Your brother. "Nothing"

"Didn't seem like nothing" Max shrugged before she took a bite of her apple. "Since you couldn't make it to the Halloween party, you're coming to the one at Norah's this weekend right?"

She was dying to say yes, she loved parties. It was the only time a teenager could drink publicly and not get judged, one could get absolutely shit-faced and nobody would bat an eye. But, she couldn't. She had to stay sober and she couldn't do that surrounded by people drinking.

"No, sorry. I have to do something with mom this weekend" She lied, but she didn't have to pretend she wasn't sad for not being able to come, she was.

"Dang, but, you're the life of the party!" Max whined as she threw her head back. "There's no chance you can convince your mom to let you go?"

She shook her head earning another groan in response but she was too distracted by the feeling her body was missing something to follow up with a remark. The easiest way to explain the sort of craving to someone who hadn't been through it themselves is when your body is craving something sweet. It's like she couldn't stop thinking about it and the mention of a party only brought it up to the surface.

She was only a half-day in and she hoped the craving only would get better the longer she went without. If it didn't she was certain she would fall back into the same destructive pattern.

"I wonder what everyone around us was thinking when all you idiots started slapping yourself" Norah laughed hysterically causing Amelia to snap out of her thoughts and back into the real world.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she glanced around the table to see everyone giggling, she didn't understand so she spoke up. "Did I miss something?"

The laughter died down as if the group only just discovered she was there. She could recognize what their facial expressions meant, It was the same one they usually gave Samantha.

"We met up at Blue farm yesterday" Ginny clarified with an obnoxious smile on her face. Oh.

"Did my invite get lost in the mail or something?" She disputed in disbelief as she leaned back on her chair. For them to meet up without her they must have made a new group chat without her and knowing that made her feel disappointed and sad.

"No, I promise we would have invited you, Amelia" Max let out all panicky as she turned her body fully towards her. "It's just...we heard Peter broke up with you and you've been kinda anonymous lately so we figured you wanted to be a bit alone"

"You heard what?" Amelia exclaimed as her eyes widened. She nearly let out a loud laugh at how unbelievable that asshole was. He likely couldn't handle telling anyone he's the one who was broken up with.

She looked at Abby and she knew what she was thinking only by her eyes. "But, by the looks of it, you're handling it pretty well, aren't you?"

She understood what she was hinting at but she didn't feel intimidated, she knew nobody else would be able to pick up on it. "Well, high school relationships usually don't last forever, I guess"

"Except for my future one with Sophie, of course," Max chimed in subtly changing the subject unknowingly like she always did. This time, however, Amelia was thankful for it.

The rest of the school day quickly passed, only filled with the same boring routines as every day. She was followed home by Max as she told her about how she screwed up at the party. Marcus was nowhere to be seen, he most likely left early.

"Mom, I'm home" She yelled out as she closed the door behind her and started to walk in, no response.

As she stepped into the living room she was met with her laying on the sofa with a blanket over her body. The first thing she caught sight of was several tissues scattered around the table covered in blood and a bottle of vodka.

"Oh, hey honey" Her mother let out with a raspy voice and a sheepish smile on her face.

She looked sick.