39

Tired students all around her squinted their eyes at Amelia. They gave her weird looks as she walked down the hallway alone, a bright smile on her face. She didn't care if she looked silly, for the first time in forever she felt this warm feeling throughout her whole body. She felt happy.

She saw her friends standing by Max's locker, and her smile grew even more as she strolled over to them.

"Hey guys" She chimed, leaning on one of the lockers. She was expecting to get some kind of response back, all she got was death glares from Abby and Norah and not so much as a glance from Max.

"You're so funny I almost forgot to laugh" She continued amusingly, thinking this was the joke they always had in the friend group. But, none of their faces changed into a warmer one and so she understood it couldn't be.

Max closed her locker and took a hold of Abby and Norah. She dragged them with her leaving her standing there alone wondering what the hell was happening. Were they tired of ignoring Samantha and had moved on to ignoring her? Was that it?

She tried to shrug it off as she went into class but her sudden mood drop didn't get better as she realized the only available seat was next to Peter. Fucking great. She slung her backpack onto the floor and sat down on the chair, her eyes up at the blackboard, not giving him even so much as a glance. But, yet she could feel his eyes lingering on her and that ugly smirk burning into her skin. Slight relief washed over her as the teacher entered the room and asked everyone to take up the book they had been reading in class. Maybe, that'll make his attention fall on that instead of her.

She took up her notebook and started doodling small drawings on it rather than holding her book when her teacher already was reading it out for them.

Her head was down until her teacher abruptly stopped reading as she looked up at the students.
"Now this next line mentions physical abuse and it may be triggering for some..."

Her eyes traveled to the side only to see Peter already looking at her, his smirking bigger than ever, simply taunting her. She zoned out from whatever the teacher started reading next, her mind taking her back to the times he had hit her. She felt tears starting to build up in her eyes. She didn't want to cry in front of the whole class so she shot up from her chair, strolling out of the classroom before the teacher was able to protest.

Next thing she knew she was pacing back and forwards in front of the restroom mirror trying to control her breathing. One thing was having to see that dick every day but she didn't want to be reminded of what he did to her on top of that.
She stopped her pacing, leaning her head down and splashing some water on her face, it didn't help. She took some paper and patted it carefully only to be met with her somewhat healed bruise appearing where her foundation was a moment before.

"Great..." She sighed in frustration. "Fucking great"

She heard the door opening and closing and so in the few seconds, she had she gathered herself. Her eyes were glued onto the corner of the room, mentally rolling her eyes when she realized who it was.

"Oh, it's you..." Ginny let out passive-aggressively as she strolled up to the mirror and started wiping away some of the makeup on her eyelids that had gotten a bit messed up. She didn't respond, only giving her a second of attention before she looked down at her shoes rather than up in the mirror.

While her eyes were on her shoes, hers however were looking through the mirror, on her face, her eyebrows furrowed in dismay. "Nice black eye, did Max give it to you?"

Her glance landed on her, her mouth slightly ajar as she realized why Max could be mad at her. "What did you tell her?"

Ginny turned so she was facing her, her hands crossed over her chest as she tilted her head slightly to the side. "I told her what I saw, not that she believed me. She found Marcus's phone though. You know, the one with all the messages between the two of you on"

She let out a bitter chuckle as she turned her head to the side, when she looked back her face was completely blank. "You're probably so pleased now, right? You got what you wanted"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Ginny responded shaking her head dumbly, but one could always tell by her face.

Amelia didn't say anything more, only pushed past her harshly as she walked past her and out of the restroom. Her head filled with what she was going to say to Max