24

Amelia had been sitting at the face painting booth with GAMAN for the last half hour and was starting to get tired in her hand. Norah however seemed to enjoy painting faces very much, not too odd considering she was surprisingly good at it.

"Ok, look at this, I'm an artist," Norah said proudly as she turned the head of the girl sitting in front of her a bit to the side, she was painted like a tiger.

"Impressive" She let out with an amused smile, clapping jokingly while Max in the meantime managed to scare some kid off with some Halloween prank she'd been pulling all day.

A moment later Sam started walking towards them and as Amelia glanced at Ginny she could see her putting up a cold front and she couldn't help but to mentally roll her eyes.

The whole group had decided to dress up as different Britney Spears looks tonight, Ginny had made it clear that Sam was not to join them in their costume, that it was a group thing that pissed her off. As new to town one would have thought you would be more inviting, knowing how difficult it was to get friends and fit in.

Anyways, Amelia had decided not to partake in the group costume, despite the fact the group had decided avengers were "basic" she had decided to dress up as Black widow. She had taken inspiration from the first avengers' movie, had bought a suit that resembled hers as closely as possible, boots, and a ginger wig which the hairstyle of was bob.

"Oh my god Ginny, cute sweater" Sam spoke up with a big smile as she stopped in front of their booth.

"Thanks, Sam" She answered casually.

"So, did you decide on a Halloween costume yet?" She questioned curiously causing Abby to turn around and look at the rest of the group with slight panic on her face.

"Yeah," Max dragged out hesitantly. "but, it's a secret cause we're doing this whole reveal"

She seemed to have caught onto that they just didn't want to tell her because she looked down onto the ground with a disappointed facial expression. "Ok, got it"

"Mine Isn't a secret though," Amelia said with a small smile as she spoke out. "I'm going as Black widow"

"Oh, you decided to do that?" Sam let out happily considering that's what she suggested earlier. "You'll look so cool"

"Thank you" She answered before it went completely quiet. Nobody else bothered to say something and one could feel it by the awkward atmosphere that started to surround the group.

"Ok, See you later" Sam muttered out lowly as she eyed all of them before she started to walk away, passing none other than Peter who was heading their way.

Oh, god.

"Amelia, there you are," He said with a charming smile as he inspected everyone behind the booth, his hands in his pockets and his hair newly slicked back.

"Here I am" She sighed as she leaned her face on her hand, her eyes anywhere but on him.

"Can you come with me?" He asked quickly and much more quietly than his first sentence.

Quite frankly she didn't feel like talking to him, she didn't even want to look at him, but she didn't want her friends to think something was wrong either. And, so she answered — "yeah, ok"