20

As lunch rolled around Amelia waited by Peter's locker for him to come and eventually he did, leaving the group of football guys that was roaming down the hall with him and staggered up to her.

At first, he seemed all sweet, giving her a peck on the lips and a small smile. But, then his eyes traveled around the hallway cautiously before he took a hold of her wrist, yanking her with him. It wasn't just any type of hold he had on her, it was very hard and she could swear she felt his nails dig into her skin.

He stopped them up when they had entered into an empty classroom, closing the door behind them and letting go of her. It was first then she saw the marks that were left on her skin and she furrowed her eyebrows. It stung like a bitch.

"What the hell, Peter!" She exclaimed as she shook her head in disbelief and confusion.

"Oh, don't whine, it's just a little scratch," He mumbled with an infuriated tone, his eyes going down to her arm with a shrug before he sat down on a desk, pulling her closer. "Why aren't you wearing my jacket?"

She mentally cursed herself out as she recalled that she had forgotten to put it on before lunch like she planned to.

"I was just feeling really hot" She played it off, looking anywhere but on him.

"That isn't an excuse, you know what people will think when they see you like that" He let out snappily as his eyes trailed over her body.

"No, I don't, would you like to enlighten me?" She asked with a bit of a defensive tone, crossing her arms over her chest as she awaited the answer.

He let out a laugh of disbelief as he ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes wandering the room before they landed on her again. "Oh, come on, don't act like you don't know what you're doing with that top, showing your cleavage and all that fucking makeup. I warned you earlier to just use my damn jacket"

"What's so wrong with showing off sometimes? About doing a little bit extra, and having fun and experimenting with clothes and makeup?"

"It's wrong when half the football team is staring at your body and giving stupid remarks about how hot you are" He continued, his fists which were laid on the desk clenching slightly.

"Well, it's their fucking problem they can't keep their eyes above my body then" Amelia asserted, her eyes starting to become glossy, but not because she was sad, no, she was angry.

"What's up with you lately, you've been so damn infuriating. You don't respond to my calls at times, you don't show up at my games, you drink yourself shit-faced at parties, you keep secrets, and you never listen to me anymore" He let out coldly, no sense of emotion other than rage in his voice, his usually blue eyes seeming much darker than normal.

It was as if he'd been keeping everything in, waiting for just the right moment to let it out.

She moved her face closer to him in a fit of furry, how dares he, "you never listen to me anymore".

"Maybe, because I'm not some fucking rag doll you can push around. I'm a person and you better start respecting me or-" She started racing her voice loudly and sharply, rambling with furrowed eyebrows and her arms only tightening more around her chest.

She wasn't able to continue her sentence before it happened. Amelia would never have been able to foresee it and it almost felt like it was simply a scene that was flashing in front of her eyes. As if she was a bystander looking at it from afar, not the one experiencing it.

Her hand lifted to touch her upper cheek where his fist had connected harshly with her face. It was as if the breath in her lungs had been sucked out of her and all she could do was stand there with an opened mouth and eyes showing nothing but shock dancing within them.

"Amelia—I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, seriously, I didn't" He breathed out anxiously as he scanned over her face. She was frozen in spot, having no clue as to what to say or do.

When she didn't answer he embraced her in a hug that felt nothing but cold and meaningless. All she wanted to do was let go of him, but her mind was still working as to process what just had happened. It was as if had completely shut off.

"You kids better get out, class starts in five minutes" She could hear Mr.Gitten's voice say from a distance away, his footsteps growing louder and louder from when he entered the door until he made it to his desk.

"On it, sir" Peter responded politely, a big smile on his mouth as if nothing had happened moments before.

He let go of Amelia, looking down at her to see if she was fine to go into the hallway. No bruises were evident on her face and so he intertwined their hands, giving Mr. Gitten a simple head nod before he walked them into the hallway.

She was in no state to tell him to fuck off.