37

"Interesting entrance" Marcus grinned as she climbed through his window. Something that was far more difficult to do than what she originally thought.

"Yeah, because it wasn't you who told me to go through this way?" She chuckled, taking in the sight of his room. Her mind instantly started to wander to the night when he had carried her up here. He was going to stay in the guest room but she had told him to stay.

They had planned for her to sleep over now too. She didn't want to face her mother at all but it was the weekend so it was difficult to do. She had gone home a while ago to gather a few things. Marcus had told her to go through the window so his parents and Max wouldn't suspect anything.

Before going over to him in the bed, she went over to his chair and grabbed the hoodie that was hanging over it, throwing it over her head. She smiled to herself once it was fully on, taking in the smell of it.

When she glanced up again, she was met with that look. The look she had never fully gotten used to, the one that made her heartbeat quicken and butterflies appear in her stomach. She furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing" He swallowed and distracted himself by running his fingers through his hair. "You look better in it than I do"

"Oh, shut up" Amelia let out, a big smile on her lips as she started blushing. She quickly hid away by putting the long sleeves of the hoodie over her face.
Marcus laughed at her reaction, although within him he felt a warm sensation. Just by looking at her, the way her face lightened up. It made him happy.

"Come here" He let out a lot quieter than his laughter had been as he opened his arms. She took her hands down to her side again and walked over to him, laying down on his chest.

He wrapped the comforter over them before he picked up his pc and laid it down on his stomach. He put on 10 things I hate about you only because he knew it was one of her favorite movies. She smiled warmly up at him at the fact he still remembered.

But, as the movie started she didn't pay any attention. All she thought about was how she would just lay with him like this forever if it was possible. How at peace she felt with him. The fact he was the first person in her life that she ever felt like she could be a hundred percent herself with. How he could make her feel alive and how he made her feel things she'd never felt for anybody else before. How she was head over heels for this boy laying beneath her. The boy who had started as just her best friend.

Half the movie had passed, and now and then, she caught herself looking up at him. His eyes were glued onto the screen so she thought he didn't notice, but he did. She buried her face further into his chest with a weak smile and unknowingly she mumbled, "I love you too"

It seemed like he didn't hear it because he was dead silent for a few seconds, but she could feel his chest rise and fall quicker than before. Suddenly, he clicked the pause button and put the pc on the nightstand. He sat up causing her to sit up too.

"What?" He said, his eyes widening as the words she let out repeated themselves over and over again in his head. He needed to know if she really said it or if he simply imagined it.

"I said I love you too. I've just constantly repressed it because I've never thought love was real, until you. And, I'm fucking tired of trying to push it away because no matter what I can't get you out of my head. So, from now on I'm going to try to do what makes me feel good. To stop doing things for everybody else" She blurted out anxiously. She wondered if he even understood her because she talked so fast.

Saying she loved him was the most difficult thing she had ever done, even though she meant it. She was afraid of rejection. That's why it scared her that he was being silent. "I didn't just say that? God, I did. I take it back, I didn't mea—

Before she could finish her sentence, he shut her up by putting his hand on the side of her neck, dragging her in. And, just like that, all her worries about it dissolved into thin air.