25

Amelia sat in her bed swaying her hands back and forth with the vodka bottle in hand to the music blasting from her speakers. She felt strange, perhaps it had something to do with pair of pills she took from the drawer of her mother's bedroom.

She had decided not to go to the Halloween party considering Peter was going to be there, so she decided to have one for herself. The only sad thing about that was the black widow costume which was left hanging in her closet.

The voice of Peter telling her nobody but him could tolerate her played over and over again in her head.

Honestly, fuck Peter, she could tolerate herself and that was all that mattered.

Fuck Marcus too, simply for always leading her on without any indication he even liked her like that.

In fact, fuck all men.

"I am a hot, badass woman..." She let out in realization as she stared sheepishly into her mirror.
"I don't need a boy to make me feel anything"

"That's the spirit" A voice let out supportingly causing Amelia's head to turn to the side in a startle only to see her mother standing in the door frame with an amused look on her face.

"You heard that?" She laughed, her cheeks turning slightly red out of embarrassment.

"Don't worry, I give myself a speech every night in my bedroom too, totally normal" She shrugged it off before her eyes traveled subtly to the vodka bottle on the counter. "Want to come downstairs, I have ice cream"

She agreed and followed her downstairs as she sat on an episode of The Kardashians, something that she swore her mother had seen about a thousand times before. But, it was comforting, sitting there silently, simply eating ice cream with her and watching tv as a normal family.

But, the silence was soon interrupted by a loud and seemingly never-ending cough and as Amelia looked to the side she could see her mother putting down her glass of whiskey and holding up her hand to her mouth.

"Are you alright?" She asked with worry laced in her voice as she put down her ice cream and sat closer to her.

"Get me a tissue" Was all she answered in between coughs causing Amelia to run to the kitchen and get a tissue box before she came back and handed it to her. She coughed harshly into the tissue and before she crumbled it she could swear she saw blood.

"Mom, what was that?" She questioned weakly when the coughing ended, eying her carefully. As she took notice of details she could see that her skin had a yellow undertone and her lips were grayer.

"Nothing, darling, I'm probably just starting to get sick" She answered with a small and assuring smile, leaning back onto the sofa with her ice cream as if nothing just happened.

Did that happen regularly?

"That wasn't—"

There was a knock on the door and before she was able to ask her question she was up on her feet heading towards it.

Amelia sank down in the sofa, her eyes glued onto the wall as her thoughts started to spin and her heart ace. Her mother was killing herself. Her eyes landed on the glass of whiskey then onto where she just sat.

She started to think about what would happen to herself if she kept on drinking, would she end up drowning herself? The fact was, she was sipping a bit of poison every day, and as for every day that passed, she was killing herself a little bit at a time.

"Hello, Mrs, Blackwell, lovely to finally meet you, I'm  Amelia's boyfriend" She suddenly heard a muffled version of a voice say from the door. It was too far away to hear properly but she recognized it immediately.

"Shit, shit, shit" Amelia cussed under her breath as she reached for the whiskey glass, downing it completely. Wasn't he supposed to be at the Halloween party?

"It's miss" She heard her mother answer uninterestedly.

"Right" Peter answered awkwardly, tapping his feet onto the ground impatiently. "Is Amelia home?"

"Depends" She answered with narrow eyes and her arms crossed. "If you plan on being a dick again I suggest you go to the gym by Blue farm cafe, I think they'll have a punching bag there that isn't my daughter"

"Excuse me?" He let out in almost a whisper, the sound of his shoe tapping completely stopping and his face turning several shades paler.

"You heard what I said big boy" She chuckled bitterly as her eyes landed on his jacket. "Football player, huh? It's always the football players"

"I think this is some sort of misunderstanding, I would never do anything to hurt Amelia" He answered this time his voice a lot more firm and calm.

"Whatever you say! I'll get my daughter.." She shrugged as she closed the door a bit so only her head was sticking out. "But, remember, God is watching"

The door was shut leaving Peter to stand there with his hands in his pocket for what must have been five minutes. He wondered if she would come out at all.

Then, she did.

"What do you think you're doing here?" She asked firmly as she strolled over to him, annoyance written all over her face.

He scanned his surroundings to see they were standing right for everyone in the neighborhood to see so he took a hold of her wrist, dragging her with him to the side of her house. There was a tree there which would cover the view of them and a house beside hers.

"Why didn't you show up at the party?" He questioned in return determinately, his eyes drilling into hers.

"First you tell me I'm getting "too shit-faced" at parties, and when I decide not to go to one, you're mad?" She answered as she threw her head back with a small chuckle, her unsteady feet causing her to tremble a bit.

"This isn't fucking funny," He said racing his voice, by the vein showing up on his forehead she guessed he was a bit infuriated by her.

"Oh, but you are, Peter" She laughed to herself and as she glanced up at him she couldn't help but to find his little tantrum amusing. She probably wouldn't if she was sober though.

He looked as if he wasn't too sober himself.

"Shut up!" He yelled as he pushed her harshly into the wall of her house, putting his left hand on the wall and using the other to push her head to the side. "You think it's funny telling your mother about me punching you? I could get reported for that"

"I hope you do get reported for that actually, you asshole" She smiled amusingly before she felt her head being pressed more against the wall before he turned it back to face him. One advantage of the pills she took earlier seemed to be that she couldn't feel her face, in that moment she was glad, tomorrow however it would probably sting like a bitch.

"You're so dumb, Amelia, we could have been fine like we always have been but you decided to go fuck it up. I guess you prefer to be alone and miserable for the rest of your life"

She leaned closer to his face, nothing but resentment in her eyes as she spat out "Better than being with a self-centered, woman beating bitch"

Not a moment later she kicked him straight in the balls causing him to let out a loud groan and fall onto his knees. She started to make a run for it when she felt a hand take a hold of her ankle, then she was down. As she glanced up and saw his face she saw nothing but black in his eyes. She had made him beyond pissed.

He started kicking the side of her stomach over again violently as she laid down on the grass. She didn't focus on the pain but the sky over her which was filled with stars and she was brought back to a much more comforting moment than the one she was in now.

Suddenly the kicking stopped and all she could hear were punches and groans. As she sat up and looked to the side all she could see was brown hair and knuckles meeting Peter's face.