9

"Hey babe" Amelia slurred out in a mocking impression of how Peter always greeted her.

"Hey" He replied with more of a tone of a question than an answer. He could see she had a bit of a problem with standing properly so he took a hold of her waist to keep her steady. "You look out of it"

"What are you talking about? I've never been better" She smiled before she took a hold of his hand. "Now, let's not just stand there, come dance with me"

She dragged him with her to the middle of the living room where the majority of the rest were and started dancing like it was the end of the world along with Max who was having as good of a time as her. Peter just stood there swaying, he wasn't exactly the dancing kind of person.

She stopped up to get another drink of her vodka bottle that stood on the table when she noticed Marcus and Padma making out in the corner. She felt a pit in her stomach but quickly shrugged it off as she went back to Peter.

"Kiss me" She spoke out as she stopped in front of him. Her eyes landed shortly on Marcus then back to him again.

She didn't know why she needed him to kiss her. Perhaps, it was to make her forget the evident boiling jealousy inside of her or to return it so the boy who had kissed her only a few hours earlier could feel it just as badly as she did.

"What?" He retorted with furrowed eyebrows.

"You heard what I said" She let out determinedly although an unsure chuckle managed to slip out of her mouth.

"I'm not kissing you in front of all these people" He shook his head, running his fingers through his hair as he examined the crowd.

The way he said it made it seem like it would be the worst imaginable thing ever.

"Alright, just be that way" She sighed as she backed away from him. Didn't matter if she was drunk or not, Peter would never kiss her in public. And, when he first kissed her it was small pecks here and there. "You aren't that great of a kisser anyway"

She didn't mean to say that yet she still did. To be fair, he wasn't that bad of a kisser, the few times they had made out it was good. Perhaps, it was a way for her to self-destruct.

"We'll talk more tomorrow when you aren't so fucked up. I'm leaving" He said as she noticed the annoyed tone in his voice. She got it, she would be pissed if someone had said that to her as well.

"Good for you" Amelia chuckled carelessly as he walked away.

Right then and there she didn't give a fuck about her words or the consequences that came with them.

"What was that about?" Max asked awkwardly when he was out of sight.

"Just boys being dicks" She shrugged completely unbothered as she took another sip from her cup.

She wouldn't let some mediocre argument ruin her buzz.

"But, enough of that, come on" She spoke out with a sheepish smile as she dragged Max over to the sofa era in which Jordan, Norah, Brodie, and Ginny sat in the middle of truth and dare.

As she glimpsed over to where Marcus and Padma were minutes ago she saw that only Marcus was left standing there. Padma must have gone home too, it was beginning to become pretty late.

He was only observing the rest of the people on the couch, he wasn't a fan of foolish drinking games.

"Amelia, yes, finally there can be some action in this game," Jordan said with a wiggle of his eyebrows. "I dare you to swap clothes with Brodie.

"You do this every time" Norah groaned out. "It's only so you can see us in our underwear"

"And, you're pussies about it every time" Brodie claimed with a laugh from the end of the couch.

"You know what, I take that as a challenge" Amelia let out confidently, stumbling up to her feet as she took off her t-shirt, revealing a black bra which was under. She heard several ooh's from around the couch.

Nobody had expected her to actually do it.

"Now, it's your turn"

"I think that's enough for now" Marcus spoke out as he approached her, grabbing both her shirt which was on the floor, and her as he dragged her with him.

Max who was now sitting on the couch thought nothing of her brother taking her with him because she was quite obviously drunk and because they were friends so why wouldn't he try to help her?

"You need to chill," He said as he let go of her when they had reached the hall where nobody was able to see them.

"I am chill, so chill. You're just imagining I'm not" She answered, making absolutely no sense as she slid down the wall and sat onto the wooden floor.

The room was spinning and she could swear that if she concentrated hard enough on Marcus she could see two of him. Nothing bad with that though.

He squatted down so they were face to face as he tugged away some of her hair behind her ear. He then let out, his voice laced with worry, "Look, put on your shirt and I'll take you home"

"This reminds me of a couple of days ago when you were getting your weed, I wanted to kiss you so badly" She mumbled as she reached her hand up to play with his hair.

"Why didn't you?" He responded with a serious facial expression, his eyes glued onto hers.

His eyes were so god damn mesmerizing, it was as if she didn't look away, she would get lost in them. His whole face was, she just loved every part of it. "Max could have walked in on us"

"Fair point" He agreed with a subtle laugh before he reached his hand out to help her up.

"I don't want to go home," She said with a shake of her head as she looked down at his hand then back up to his face again.

Going home meant facing her mother in her current state and that was something she never wished to do. All she would have seen when she looked at her was a reflection of herself because right now she was just as bad as she was.