colour

"Is it just your mum you don't know?" She moved slightly to face me.

"No. My father too." I didn't feel sad saying anything about it. I never knew either of them. I've always been at Hogwarts. Even before I was old enough for the school.

"I'm sorry." She looked a bit upset. More upset than I should have been. 

"Really. It is fine." I grabbed her hand and smiled to reassure her. She managed to form a sad smile.

"If you say so." She cleared her throat and changed the subject. "Where shall I stay for now?" 

"You can use my bed. I can sleep in the common room if you want." I started to walk to the door but she grabbed my wrist to stop me. 

"It is fine I can sleep on the floor."

"Well if you want a bed you can sleep in mine."

"But I don't want you to sleep down there." She looked at the door and back at me.

"Then I sleep in a different bed. Honestly you are very clingy." I looked down at her hand, still gripping my wrist. "Could you maybe loosen the grip?"

"I'm not clingy. I don't want to kick you out of your own dorm." She backed up letting go of my wrist. 

"You are very clingy and you could get me kicked out of the entire school if someone finds you." I laughed at her frown. "You are walking around pretty well now."

"I am capable of walking on my own. I don't know what you mean" she raised her head. 

"Considering the fact I dragged you all the way here. I think that you could use some help. You should have seen yourself. You acted as though each step would kill you." I wasn't joking. She looked like she was trying to hard to walk and that it was super difficult. 

"Easy for you to say. You didn't drink any." She sat back onto the bed.

"And I've made it very clear why. " She laughed and patted the spot next to her signaling for me to sit.  

When I sat down I looked out the window and couldn't help feeling someone staring at me.  I turned towards Bellatrix and she looked away quickly. 

"What? 'Do I have something on me' or am I just that good looking?" We laughed and she looked back at me. 

"I've never seen the colour of your eyes before. Just trying to figure out what colour they are." I looked down and laughed.

"That I don't know." I turned on a light next to us and looked back out the window.

"You sure you aren't a Gryffindor?" I looked at her confused.

"Positive. It is what the hat said, not me. Why do you ask?" She laughed and looked down.

"Because your eyes look like you could be one." She fiddled with her hands 

"And why is that?" She looked back up at me.

"Because they are gold." My eyes widened. I've never known the color of my eyes even looking in the mirror.

"You sure it isn't the lighting?" She shook her head and smiled.

"They have looked the same since the day I first made eye contact with you." I smiled and laughed nervously. I wasn't aware that she remembered most of that. 

"And what about them?" I looked up into her eyes and smiled.

"I've never seen anyone else with the colour." I looked the other direction to hide that I was blushing. 

"It is getting late. I should get some rest. You can do whatever you want." I got up and moved onto a bed that I knew wasn't being used.

A/N: sorry this chapter is a bit shorter but I promise the next will be longer.