I. XIII. XIII

Skipping the club meetings wasn't anything new to Antheia, the other members rarely bat an eye when her presence wasn't anywhere to be found. Whenever they'd mention it to her, she'd tease them for missing her. However, no news brought her as much joy as when the meetings were cancelled. Emil had sent letters to inform them the meeting was cancelled due to the upcoming Quidditch game. Obviously the house that won was going to have a party and he didn't want to get in the way of their fun. Antheia had responded that just looking at his face ruined her fun and watched his face as he opened it. She smiled at him when he looked up, past the Ravenclaw table, and towards the Hufflepuffs where she sat. Ah, she loved being a nuisance.

"Antheia!" chirped Winnie as she skipped over to where she sat with Hamilton, "You're actually with us badgers today!"

"Must be a blue moon," responded Antheia.

"Oh, it must be! You always eat breakfasts with the snakes these days," said Winona as she sat beside her, "Are you going to Hogsmeade?"

"Of course," responded Antheia, "When have I turned down an opportunity to drink butterbeer?"

"When you've had an opportunity to drink alcohol."

"That was old me. I've grown out of that phase."

"Are you going with Hammy or have you set up a date with someone?"

"I wish I set up a date. Zabini would never entertain me though. He probably wouldn't even respond, just walk away and that's somehow even more embarrassing."

"He's not the only boy in this school."

"No, but he's the only boy I'm currently after in this school."

"I say you give up."

"Let me think. . .no."

"Antheia, you've been trying to eat that carrot with your spoon for the past five minutes, do you need a fork?" said Hamilton.

Antheia looked down at her plate where she was attempting to scoop up a small carrot with her spoon, ". . .Yes, please."

Hamilton placed a fork on her plate and she had to bite her tongue, so she wouldn't call him mum. She couldn't lose his company today of all days.

"Who are you going with, Win?"

"This cute Gryffindor boy!" responded Winnie, "He's in the year above us and looks like a squirrel, he's so cute!"

"Does he have a sister named Marie?"

"He does!"

"Oh, I know who you're talking about. I find him annoying."

"What? He's adorable."

"In your humble opinion."

"Well, if the Antheia Artino finds him annoying, he must be. How is he annoying?"

"The way he acts. He panics at the smallest thing and it's like he can't think for himself. 'Mummy this' and 'mummy that' like mate, I don't care about your bloody mum."

"Never thought I'd see the day you talk bad about someone," said Winnie, "I'll let you know he thinks fondly of you."

"Many do."

"Maybe you're just jealous he has a mum."

"Maybe. . .but I don't miss her. Don't get me wrong, I love her but it's not like I can remember her. I barely remember what she looks like most days."

Hamilton looked up from his book and over at Antheia. Winnie didn't know what happened to her mother, she just knew she was dead, but Hamilton did. He was there when Antheia found out the truth behind her mother's death. He had never seen her lose control over herself as she did in that moment. She was a mess, crying and screaming and cursing out her father. She collapsed on the floor at some point and he was left paralyzed and horrified. It was from that moment that she changed to the person she was today.