Antheia's Journal Entry 5 - Devontae Allen

Her shortest marriage was the one she had with Devontae Allen, they were only married for six months before he died. He was ten years older than her. It seemed after she turned 30, the age gaps got wider until she got to Alexandros, who was her age. Allen wasn't famous like some of her other husbands, but he was well respected in his career field.

He was an auror and a pretty good one too, or so I've heard. I only met Allen once because it was around this time, my dad started to stay home more and my uncle stopped babysitting us. Not like that was important, I'm just saying. Despite being 40, Allen only had a number of flings and never married. Coworkers had started to believe he never would.

Contessina first encountered Devontae Allen, who was a head auror in investigative work, after Liam Doyle's drowning. Smart and charismatic, they got along well, except he didn't seem to have any interest in her except the fact that she had three husbands mysteriously die shortly after marrying her. Afterall, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, and three times was a pattern. He didn't find any incriminating evidence and they weren't supposed to see other ever again. I'm starting to think most of her husbands were connected with each other in one way or another.

Except, they very obviously did meet again. After he heard of the death of her fourth husband, poor Alfie, he met her once again. And yet again, he found no evidence. However, like I said, he was very smart.

I have no proof of this, but I believe Devontae had zero feelings for Contessina. He didn't care about her in that way at all, I think he thought marrying her would be the easiest way to find out the truth of what happened to her husbands. And he did, which was why their marriage was the shortest. He was too keen and observant to keep around for too long.

During his Hogwarts years, he was at the top of all his classes and got along with everyone he worked with, which gave him serious advantages over certain situations. He was a very ambitious Ravenclaw. He didn't attend Hogwarts at the same time as Contessina, but he did attend Hogwarts at the same time as my father, I think he was three years his senior. I don't know if they ever met while in Hogwarts.

His family was full of influential Ravenclaws, which must've made his life easier if I'm being honest. He was one in five children and they all had a rivalry with one another to see who could come out at top. I think that's why he never took love seriously, he was too career-oriented to focus on love and family.

Now, no one knows how Allen died. There is literally nothing. He was presumed dead but there wasn't even a body. His coworkers, who he apparently did not share his plan with (the plan I believe is to be true but I have no proof of), believe he died during an off duty encounter he had with a death eater and had his body thrown off somewhere. That's all speculation, there were no leads, witnesses, evidence, nothing.

You might be wondering: If he married her for work, how did she inherit his wealth? When his parents passed away, the money was split up between his siblings, but it was still a huge amount. Add to that his salary from his job where he was one of the top aurors and he had a lot to be inherited. He had quite the amount of property too. He also had no one. He had to get legally married to Contessina for his marriage to work and with no children, when he died, everything went to his spouse,

Now, wouldn't such a smart man have a will?

He was intelligent (apparently not as intelligent as Contessina), but he seemed to be overconfident. These suspicious deaths couldn't be solved by anyone, but he believed he'd be the exception. Either that, his will disappeared, or there were some terms and conditions in order to marry her, which is a sign to get out in my opinion, but what do I know.

I declare Devontae Allen's death to be purposeful.