XXII

Antheia found herself to be more nervous than she thought she would be as she walked up the long pathway of the Zabini Residence. It was a lot more than a residence, it was comparable to the Malfoy Manor. It hadn't changed much since the last time she had visited. The last time she did was when her uncle died and the first time she's visited since then a war was looming over their heads.

There was a grand black gate blocking the path to the actual manor. It had some charm placed over it so no one could apparate on the other side. Antheia felt awkward as she pushed the gate open. It must've not been locked as Blaise had friends over. She followed the stone path up to the front door.

She held her breath as she knocked on the front door. There was actually two grand doors, but she knocked on the one on the right. It took a second but the door was eventually opened. It was only open a crack before she heard a dark, 'mysterious' voice, "What's the password?"

"Theo?" She laughed, "Is that you?"

"No. What's the password?"

It was definitely him. He had forcibly lowered his voice and spoke with more breath than he usually did.

"Let her in, it's cold," said another voice. That was Laurie.

"I will once she tells me the password," hissed Theodore quietly.

"Or when Mrs. Zabini comes over," snorted Laurie.

"I don't know a password! Is it the same one as in your common room because I know that one."

"I still can't believe Blaise took you to our dorm," mumbled Theodore.

"You're acting as if we even did anything. Open the door before I freeze out here!"

"Use a heating charm. What's the password?"

"Theodore. . . I'm so close to hexing you to throw up slugs."

"Yeah, Theodore. I doubt she'll miss," said Laurie.

Theodore had his fingers curled around the door, Antheia grabbed the doorknob and yanked it close. It was easy as Theodore had his guard down. He quickly let go of the door and she pushed it open.

"I can't believe you made me break and enter," said Antheia.

"You tried to break my fingers!"

"You wouldn't let me in! It's freezing."

"You're going to attract Mrs. Zabini," said Laurie, "That's a feat in itself. I haven't seen her the past few days since I got here."

"Does she know I was coming?"

"Yeah, Blaise must've told her before we even arrived because she asked about you," said Laurie. Something told her Blaise told his mother everything — well, maybe not everything.

"Speaking about Blaise, where is he?"

"Behind you," said another voice. She turned around.

"Blaise! Just the person I was hoping to see."

"That makes one of us," he replied. From the direction he was coming from, he must've been in the kitchen if she remembered the layout of the house correctly. She was about to comment on it when another voice beat her.

"Blaise, is this how you treat your guests?"

Antheia felt her breath hitch at her throat as she turned around to see Contessina Zabini standing at the top of the stairs. Her elegant robes flowed down the stairs beautifully as if the air made accommodations for her, wrapped around her shoulders was a furry shawl and Antheia wondered if it was made from real animals. She looked just as she did the last time Antheia saw her.