XXXIII

Antheia ended up avoiding Blaise anyway. She didn't think it was too obvious as it wasn't like she'd run away if he tried to approach her. She wouldn't, she just wasn't going up to him like she always had. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too long before she got her thoughts in order.

"Yeah, see you," she said, waving at the peer she had been speaking to. She reached into her pocket to pull out her reply to Mrs. Zabini, looking it over as she made her way to the owlery.

She used one of the school's owls to send her letter. She leaned over the window to take in the fresh air hitting her face. She glanced down before she heard a voice behind her.

"It's a long way down."

She straightened up and looked behind her, "How long have you been standing there, Andreas?"

"Just got here," he replied, "Didn't expect to see you here all depressed."

She rolled her eyes, "Who are you sending a letter to?"

"Why do you care?" He retorted.

She pursed her lips, "You're enjoying this a little too much."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do. Anyway, how often did you use to send father a letter? I feel as if he's sending my letters daily." She walked over to him, watching as he sent the owl off with his letter.

"A few times a week," he said, turning to look at her, "He definitely did not write to me daily. How often have you responded?"

"Just once."

Andreas shrugged, "Better than twice a year."

"I'd ignore him if I could," she grumbled, "But he'd probably send me a howler. I'll throw myself off this tower if I ever receive one of those bloody things."

"If you do, please jump off somewhere you won't traumatize a poor innocent soul."

"What do you know about not traumatizing a 'poor innocent soul'?"

Andreas stared at her before he turned towards the owls, "There's plenty of bird droppings here. . ."

"You're disgusting!" She laughed, stepping away from him.

"Did I ever tell you about the time a bird almost pooped in Tristan's mouth?"

"No!" she said, horrified.

"It barley missed and landed on his cheek. He still threw up though. Nova loves scaring away his girlfriends with that story." Andreas stopped talking as he stared down at the floor for a moment before he clicked his tongue, "I visited Callie."

Antheia smiled. She hadn't heard him call Calyce by a nickname in ages. "And. . .?"

"She cried," said Andreas, looking up to meet Antheia's eyes. "I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go get her husband because she was whining about him minutes prior, and Merlin knows I can't comfort people for shit."

"Language!" scolded Antheia, slapping his arm, "I'm dying just imagining you sitting there awkwardly while she poured her heart out to you."

"I hugged her!"

"Reckon that was one stiff hug," She said before she had an idea. "You should take notes from Hamilton, he gives the best hugs." She watched him carefully for any reaction, but Andreas didn't have one. She knew he'd be a harder nut to crack, he was an Artino afterall, but it was worth a try.

"I reckon I'd have the best hugs too if I had to deal with your clingy arse."

"We've had to deal with each other for seventeen years, plenty of time in my opinion. Back to Calyce, is she okay? She sent me a letter last term but I don't think I was much help to her."