I. XI. XI

"How'd we end up here?" Antheia was bemused when she woke up and found herself cuddling Hamilton in the common room — she hoped no one took a picture, she didn't need anymore people believing she was in love with Hamilton. If she had a galleon for every time someone asked her if they were together yet, she wouldn't need her father's money. Antheia hated her father but she didn't hate him as much as she loved money, money's never failed her afterall. Anyone who said money didn't buy happiness were liars. Anyway, she went off topic again. Apparently, girls and boys couldn't be best friends without catching feelings.

She knew for a fact, Hamilton was not in love with her any more than she was.

During one of their sleepovers at his house, she was napping peacefully on his bed, only to be rudely awoken because he kicked her off his bed. She doubted any boy who liked her even a little would throw away the chance to sleep in the same bed as her. At the very least, they'd leave her alone, but not Hamilton, he kicked her off. She could've hit her head and died.

Andreas' gossip died out, thanks to Antheia (in order to be in control of gossip, you had to know how to end it), and if there was photographic evidence of them cuddling, it'd be a lot harder to deny those rumours from the people who didn't know any better. Not to mention, if Blaise got a hold of them, he'd probably hate her even more and accuse her of playing with him, which maybe she was or maybe she wasn't, but it definitely was not with Hamilton.

Thinking about it, she was surprised Pierre didn't have an issue with her friendship with Hamilton. If she remembered correctly, even Laurie (who wasn't even officially dating her) seemed uneasy at the sight of Hamilton, though he never said anything. Hmm. . .was that why Laurie never pursued anything more? She couldn't remember. Merlin, she must've spent the entire last year drunk. She'd blame it all on that toad of a professor. Now, she wanted to know. She tried to recall what happened with Laurie until her head began to ache and Hamilton slapped her back, which hurled her forward until the small table stopped her from flying into the fireplace.

"Hamilton — what in —" She interrupted herself as he was still fast asleep. She bit her lip as she tried to hide a smile.

"I should be getting ready for the day," she mumbled as she continued to drag Hamilton through the corridors, "I look like I haven't slept in days, which is what it feels like whenever I fall asleep within your vicinity. Merlin, I pity your future partner, they're never going to sleep and not for the good reason either. Being as pretty as I am takes work but here I am. Where am I even taking you? Bloody hell, what time is it? Oh, it's five thirty? Since when did I wake up early? I don't like this new person I'm becoming."

"Who are you talking to? And what in Merlin's name are you doing?"

Antheia turned her head to see Akihiko had come up behind her. He looked like he had bathed in a pool of sweat and he smelled like it too. She couldn't even describe whatever he was wearing.

"Are you wearing muggle clothes?" was her first question.

"I don't see how that matters."

"What are you doing here?" was her second.

"I'm more concerned what you're doing with poor Hamilton. Mate looks dead."

"I don't recall him being this heavy of a sleeper. I'm concerned someone drugged him or something," said Antheia, "Anyway, I just realized what time it was. I could've been sleeping right now in my bed."

"Um. . .is that why your robes are disheveled?" It took her a second, but she got it. Antheia always got it. Akihiko continued, "Did you hook up with the wrong person, poor Hamilton found out and you killed him to keep quiet? Bloody hell, you're brutal —"