i. XLV. XLV

"How'd you perfectly time the charm to wear off?" asked Andreas as he walked briskly beside Antheia, who was checking the little gold coin that she got from the DA.

"I told you, I'm a charm genius," said Antheia as she looked up after returning the coin back into her pocket, "We should hurry back to the room."

"Please," said Andreas with a groan as he rubbed the nape of his neck, "I think I hit my head on the desk when I fell. What if I get a concussion?"

"I think a concussion is the least of your worries," sighed Antheia, "Anymore unforgivable curses and I might actually lose my mind."

"And that's why I tell you not to leave the hide out," whispered Andreas harshly, "Especially when the anonymous sender warned us this morning."

The DA was receiving anonymous notes, alerting them of any changes or dangers they might face if they leave. At first, they were on high alert since this person knew they were hiding out in the Room of Requirement, but they couldn't find out who it was and it eventually became a common occurrence.

"Someone had to go get food," said Antheia with a shrug, "I wouldn't have been caught if someone hadn't tagged along."

"We just had to be so lucky that there was a Dark Arts lesson happening at the time we got caught," said Andreas sarcastically before he sighed, "I feel for them, really. Did you see how much their hands shook and the way Carrow kept yelling at them for not doing the curse correctly?"

"I could probably do it correctly with a steady hand if I was asked to do it on the bloody Carrows," said Antheia as she stretched her neck, "I'd do it with no hesitation too."

"Yeah, well don't leave again. You heard what they said. We have a lot of detentions to make up for. I'm surprised they didn't chain us up so we couldn't disappear again."

"Please," scoffed Antheia, "As if I'd let them. I carry this thing with me everywhere."
She reached into her pocket and pulled out Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, "Managed to convince Fred to give me one free of charge."

"How?!" gaped Andreas.

Antheia winked as she slid it back into her robes, "It's a secret."

Antheia looked back down at the gold coin with a sigh, "We should really hurry to tell them we couldn't get the food —" Antheia hadn't noticed that Andreas stopped abruptly in her path and bumped into his back. She stepped backwards and put the coin away, replacing it with her wand as she looked up to see what happened. She looked over Andreas' shoulder to see that he had stopped due to Blaise Zabini blocking the corridor. By blocking, he was just standing in the center.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" said Andreas coldly, "Go torture the students in detention in dark arts or learn about how stupid and inferior muggles are in muggle studies?"

Blaise narrowed his eyes, but ignored his comment, "I need to speak to Antheia. . . alone."

"No!" said Andreas immediately, "For what? So you take up her time and she gets caught for her second detention?"

"I wasn't speaking to you," said Blaise with a sharp glare as his eyes went back to look at Andreas.

"Well, now you are —"

"Andreas," said Antheia as she stepped out from behind him, "It's fine. I want to hear what he has to say."

"Antheia!" said Andreas as he turned around to look at her, "We have to get back right now. It's too risky to stay out here any longer."

"I'll be fine," said Antheia as she playfully punched his arm, "You go back and let them know what happened. I'll be back before you know it." Andreas sighed before he turned to glare at Blaise, Antheia grabbed his arm, "Just an hour. You can wait an hour, if I'm not back by then, you can come back. Plus, this whole protective brother thing doesn't suit you."