I. I. I

"Antheia, you've finally arrived."

"I have." She raised her eyes to meet the ones that belong to Emil Barnett, a member of the Slytherin house.

There was a sort of unspoken hierarchy within the Slytherins, the house of the lonely as she liked to called it. Most of the students were ambitious, they are aware of what they want and they chase after it, trampling over others to get there. At the same time, there were those born into that power and wealth to get where they wanted. Draco Malfoy. The so-called prince of Slytherin. Despite being a self proclaimed title, he sure had enough influence to take pride in such a title. He had a little gang, they made her sick. He and his gang were at the top, they bullied everyone, themselves included in certain cases. They were the one group Antheia could not get close to, at least not anymore.

Emil Barnett, the president of The Detective Club, however, was also at the top of his house. Despite his impressive accomplishments, he stood at the shadow of Ara Vere Black, Malfoy's mutual. The two grew up together but they fought constantly and things didn't get better after Ara Vere left the family in order to be together with her boyfriend. Slytherins are practically sliced in the middle in terms of who they prefer; Malfoy or Black. Emil was Black's closest friend and with her influence, had sight over the entire Slytherin house.

In addition to his sight, with his skill of body language, he made up the most important member, the one who made everything possible. The new president, Emil Barnett (The president was usually just addressed as Prez), would be behind every meeting and action carried out. He was the definition of tall, dark and handsome. He kept to himself and it was near impossible to get close with him on a personal level. Antheia wasn't sure if it was his ego or his persona that made him stuck up with his club members. He was friendlier when he was younger.

"You're the last person who should be late," said Artie Wes with a smile, "You should be excited."

The Detective Club only had one member from each year, excluding first years, but Artie Wes was the exception. He didn't have an official role, but they would describe him as the vice president. He was in the same year as Emil, but belonged to Ravenclaw. He had no power, connections, or relations like Emil did, but he was incredibly persuasive, a manipulator even. It was honestly how he managed to make an exception for himself to join, despite Emil being priority. Were anything to go wrong, it was up to Artie Wes to get them out. Unlike Emil, he was sociable and approachable, a smile was almost always on his face.

Since he joined, the upperclassmen always reminded him that Emil would most likely be president and when it came true, he nearly quit the club, however quitting comes with serious consequence. To lose is a member is a risk for exposure and the club must always operate in secret. Everyone knew it existed, but no one knew any wheres, whens, or whos.

"Hey, at least I made it," said Antheia as she hopped onto one of the desks. As the sixth year member, she was the next in line for president. Had Artie not been a part of the club, she would've been vice president. She was still offered the title, but she insisted Artie take it. Sixth year was the toughest year for the club. They had an immense pressure put on them and they began to be involved in many of the big decisions to prepare them for when they became president. It would mean Antheia would have to spend an uncomfortable amount of time with Emil, the president.

In order to prove everything one learned and their worth, they were given a test by the president. It could be anything, but it was essentially a research project where they had to pretend to be detectives and "solve" a mystery. They didn't actually solve anything, just had to come up with a theory of what happened with solid facts and ideas as to why. Legend said a past president-to-be solved a murder with his project and turned in his findings to the Ministry. However, there was one reason why everyone feared their task. Whichever task they received, it had to be personal to the sixth year in some way.