I. XVIII. XVIII

Calyce reached out fairly quickly:

My Antheia,
I wished I'd hear more from you. You're really bad at keeping in touch, I see why Pierre left you (he did not, she left him). I know he's a git most of the time, but how's Andreas doing? I miss him and I can't even send a letter because he'll burn it immediately. Don't tell him, but he's always been my favorite brother. He was so cute and small.
As for Anastasios, I can't say.
I got mother's robes for you. You could keep them if you'd like, I haven't used them at all. I almost used them when I got eloped, but I couldn't bear wear them without breaking down in tears. To be honest, Thea, marriage isn't at all what I thought it'd be. I thought I'd be free and in a way, I am. I'm free from father, but I don't want to be married, Don't get me wrong, Phillip is great, but I don't love him. I want to see the world on my own, but I can't. He's already speaking about children, but this isn't the life I wanted. We can't even feed ourselves most days. I don't know what to do. I reckon you'd never make the mistake I did, you were always so much brighter than I was.
Love,
Your Calyce

Antheia didn't know what to do but comfort her and send her money. Knowing Calyce, she'd probably send the money back but it was worth a try. She stored the dress robes in her trunk until the day came where she would use them.

The club had one last meeting before Christmas break, much to her relief. She was in need of a long break.

When she entered their usual place, the lights were off and it was empty. Antheia checked her watch to make sure she was on time, she was for the first time in ages.

"Um. . .?" Antheia shut the door behind her and walked over to the candles. She fumbled around to grab her wand in the dark. The silence was deafening as she lit up the usual six candles. With the warm light from the candles, Antheia could look at the room better. It was suspiciously clean. As she went to walk around the room, the candles blew out, which left her in darkness.

She sighed, "Who's there?"

No response, which was expected. She stormed over to the candles and was about to light them again when they were lighted for her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

She nearly had a heart attack at the sudden screams that deafened her for a split second. She spun around to see everyone standing together wearing stupid hats, a cake, and gifts.

"Aw, guys. . .but it's not my birthday," said Antheia as she scratched her head.

"We know it's a little late," said Harlow as she approached Antheia and wrapped her arms around her, "But we couldn't actually pull this off on your birthday, you'd be way too suspicious."

"I could've died from a heart attack," said Antheia before she smiled, "In all seriousness, thank you."

"I remember you said you hated vanilla cake," said Artie, "But someone didn't remember." He looked over at Prez with an accusatory glare.

Antheia laughed, "It's alright! I don't mind vanilla anymore. It reminds me of home. . .not my home."

The candles blew out again, only for the candles on the cake to light up.

"Come over here, our dear birthday girl," said Artie as he walked over and gently pushed Antheia over to where everyone else stood. Antheia turned around and gave him a tight hug, which he returned.

"Prez. . ."

"We're not hugging."

"We're the same age now."

"For five months."

"Five months is five months!"

"Lewis! Where have you been?!" Antheia grabbed his shoulders and shook him roughly until he pushed her away.