12

Three months, it's been three months. All she did was class, kill, sleep, class, kill, sleep. Just how much more lives must she take before she can finally be free. The blood tainting her hands weren't getting any thinner but thicker as the time passed.

Could she really become a normal person if she were to go back to society? She might be able to be carefree when she's with her friends but when it comes to work, she knows that she's starting to lose herself. She wasn't feeling anything like sympathy or sadness. On contrary she was starting to enjoy it which worries her.

"Bella, will you care to share your answer?" 

Her unfocused eyes slowly glanced at her teacher, still in a daze processing what the woman just said.

"Of course." Bella smiled politely.

She may be calm on the outside but she was internally panicking, she wasn't paying attention at all. She had no idea which question's answer did the teacher want. The boy beside her softly sighed, using his pen, he tapped on his own worksheet attracting Bella's attention.

"Question 8." Lucious mouthed.

Bella eyed him with thankful eyes, as long as she knew which question it was, solving it was no problem. 

"Your answer is correct." 

She went back to her seat and went back to dazing state. 

"Miss Bella." 

What now? She mentally sighed.

"Orange Sensei?" She slightly tilted her head, it was in the middle of normal classes...so why is he here? Was it time for...

"Bella, come with me." Alex beckoned.

Bella was about to get out of seat before two hands held both of her wrists respectively. She look at both of her male friends weirdly, both of them had a scowl on their faces looking at Alex threateningly.

"What's wrong? Orange Sensei is calling me." Bella asked confused at their reaction.

"Stay, don't go." Lucious's voice was dangerously low.

"You know I can't do that." Bella said gently prying both of their hands off. 

Giving them a gently smile before following the teacher. She held her slightly trembling hands. 

"Are you afraid?" Alex asked, his voice holding no emotions.

"Even if I am, my feelings are nothing to you guys." Bella hung her head low.

"...today's will be more painful than usual." 

Bella's eyes widened upon hearing this, the usual one was already painful enough. Was feeling like her head was about to crack into two or having her fingernails peeled off to get more genetic information not painful enough?

"I see. Thank you for your warning." Bella couldn't stop her trembling hands.

"We're here."

This white room with a chair in the middle...she felt nauseous looking at it. What can she do? Her ability was restrained, more than usual...obediently she sat on the chair and let them strapped her. Making her unable to move an inch.

How did this all started? Even she didn't know that herself. After two week enrolling here, she was brought to room, strapped to this very chair, tormented for being different. A new type of ability user, not having limited power.

A new type that burns their life in exchange for using their ability. Surely no one have ever seen this before. What if there are more like her? How should we prolong the lives of this type of ability user? If they live longer, they will surely be useful. Sacrificing one for the future generation...that's fine right?

"The brightest star...I look forward on working with you today as well." The people in lab coat all greeted with a grin.

"What's this?" She asked, a shiver ran up her spine. 

"You see, our brightest star, liquid has a great compatibility with electric but at the same time, it's your weakness. If we expose you to more electricity, and you get used to it, you would be our greatest weapon." One of them explained, Bella's eyes widened.

"Let's start. You're have a monstrous endurability, you'll be fine."

Horrifying screams came out of her mouth...she wasn't able to hold back her tears. Who was the monsters? 

"Please s-stop. It hurts, it hurts, it hurts....Agghh! Stop!" She pleaded, her voice cracked, but it was nothing to them like always.

"Well done for today, we look forward for next week. You really are a monster, normal people would've already died." They chuckled, leaving her alone in that room.

Their words went unheard by her, her eyes no longer held life, it was completely lifeless. Her tears had yet stop, still trickling down her beautiful features. She felt weak, she couldn't move at all, everything felt numb.

"Why? I don't even have much time left." She mumbled to herself. "Ha...hahahahaha...ugh...*hic*"

Her laughter changed into sobs, was it so wrong to be different? Why? Was it so selfish to not want to be the sacrifice? She was forced into this, they never got her consent. It was her body so what right did those people have to torment her for their own beliefs...

She was just a 14 year old teenager...only a teen. One that knows she won't live a long life. One that still knows nothing of the wide world. One that experienced the discrimination of her family. One that doesn't want to give in to the cruel world.

She forced herself to get out of that chair but only to fall onto the ground with a thud. She laid on the ground, she had no strength left in her body...who would after getting electrocuted...

Kill them. Look what they've done to you.

"Shut up."

Why? They deserve death. 

"...just leave me alone. I'm not in the mood to deal with you."

Are you denying because you don't want to take more lives? Hehe, we've already taken so many lives, it's too late to turn back. A few more won't make a difference.

"..."

"Bella!" She weakly turned her head and saw four figures through her blurry vision.

"Hi." She smiled faintly.

"They...they did something this outrageous this time. We need to get you back." Bella couldn't tell who was speaking, her hearing has also decreased immensely.

"I'm fine." She said weakly but the mouthful of blood she coughed out made her words unbelievable.

"You're not fine." 

Her eyes widened slightly, she had always wanted to hide this pathetic side of her...but these four people accepted every side she has.

"I'm fine" She rolled her eyes.

"You're not."

"You're right, I'm not fine." She finally stopped being stubborn. 

"Let's go home." 

The girl that once had nothing, now has four precious people she cares about. And four of them of course care about her more than she thinks.