19

"I'm going back to my room." Bella sighed with a weak smile, "Don't stay so somber, okay?"

She rushed back to her room, not bothering to give them a second look. Her furry friend greeted her immediately as she opened the door. She was completely crushed by the cutie who was licking her face. Her mood improved as she relaxed but she couldn't help but think that Yohan needed a diet.

Bella doted on him to much, she would feed him with every little whine. Most of her stars(money) was spent on buying snacks and toys for this little guy. If Yohan was pleased, so was she.

"Yohan, did you miss me?" Bella chuckled somewhat bitterly hugging him tightly. She then sighed softly. "I won't be able to see you...grow up." 

Tears began to pour out no matter how hard she tried to hold them in. Yohan tilted his head and began to lick her face again, like he was trying to console Bella. She giggled at his actions...right...it's not like she's dying tomorrow, and it's not like anything would change if she cries...so...she should just live the remaining month to the fullest.

"...Bella, can I come in?" 

The voice that came from the other side of the door made her stiffened, maybe it was because she was conscious of her feelings now or maybe the boy's  voice was trembling...she couldn't turn him away. 

She gently pushed aside the giant bone-crushing ball of fluff and strode to the door. Bella opened the door and stood aside, letting Lucious in. Under the moonlight, her ruby red eyes twinkled, her snow white hair made her skin look paler. She was beautiful, but she definitely looked sick.

Due to her paper white skin, her dark circles were conspicuous. The red rim of her eyes made it obvious that she was crying before, but there was still a smile on her face, a very weak and painful smile. She was forcing herself to smile but even Bella who was a master at fake smiles, had times she could no longer smile...

She knew, she just had to live to her fullest but it was easier said than done...she was going to die. She was just 15...she's a child, a child who longed for freedom. She longed for a normal life, get married, have children, grow old with her beloved partner, but before she could achieve these goals, it shattered right before her eyes. It wasn't fair.

Bella stared at Lucious, the boy's eyes were slightly tinged with red...the tears wasn't stopping anytime soon. She felt her heart clenched, it felt sour, it felt like someone was pricking it with a needle. She wanted to see his smile, for him to only know joy, and never experience too much despair...but she was the one who caused his miserable expression.

"Lucious, I-" 

Bella's eyes widened as she was hugged, it took her awhile to react . Lucious hugged her tightly but at the same time he was careful, like she was a piece of glass, a little more force and she would break but if not hugged tight enough, she would become sand that would slip away. Her hand moved slowly and gently patted the boy's head as he buried deeper into the crook of her neck. She felt something wet on her neck, then she remembered Lucious was crying...

"It's fine, it's fine..." Bella's voice was gentle as she coaxed him, her eyes softened. 

"How is it fine?" The boy's muffled voice was clear to her. His tone conveyed his frustration, but this frustration was directed at himself, he felt useless and Bella knew.

"It's not something you can control. It won't help me if you blame yourself." Bella stated pushing Lucious away, she wanted to see his eyes. Eyes are the windows to the soul after all. But Lucious stubbornly clung onto her, not budging from her push.

"I love you...be with me?" His voice was hoarse, he said it like he was pleading...

Bella's breath hitched, she was stunned. She wanted to say yes but she felt something stuck at her throat. Before she knew, tears were streaming down again. This person, isn't it common sense to distance yourself from a dying person. That was a form of self-defense, so that it won't be that painful...but this person, his love exceeded the point of being afraid of the pain.

"Even if I only have a few more months?" She chocked through sobs. 

"I don't want to waste a second..." He tenderly kissed away her tears. 

"...I'll spend the rest of my life with you." Bella buried her face into his chest,

If anyone else heard this, they would be happy...but Lucious felt his heart throbbed in pain. The rest of her life was only a few months. He knew his love for Bella was beyond his control, it could even be counted as an obsession. She was his drug and he was addicted. He wanted to cherish her for life but...this disease was taking her away from him, to a place where he couldn't prevent her from leaving.

"Let's take a break from class. Even if the headmaster doesn't give his permission, the academy is big." His tone was tender and gentle, filled with love. He took her hand in his and planted a few kisses on the back of her hand. "You didn't have time to explore it because of work, let's go on many dates together."

Lucious wanted to make many memories with her, that way...even if she had to go, the memories will forever stay in his heart, accompanying him until his time is up. If he committed suicide, Bella would definitely reject him if there was an afterworld. 

Bella gave a sound of affirmation. It wasn't a bad idea, the academy was built after a city after all. Lucious's silver eyes locked with hers, Bella's face flushed red...she definitely won't be able to get use to this gorgeous face. He bended down a little to kiss her forehead. 

"Let's live in the present and not think about the future." His eyes softened, he only had eyes for her...if it wasn't with her, he'd rather stay single for life. 

Imagining their future was futile, their future was too painful. They were bound to separate after a few months...but this fact made them cherish the presence of each other more than others. 

Bella locked her eyes with him, she felt that time had stopped...there was only the two of them in the entire universe...it was sweet but heartbreaking. She tiptoed pecked his cheek,

"Okay."