20

"Now now, don't pout." Bella coaxed her boyfriend while holding back her laughter.

"...I am not pouting." Lucious casted an emotionless glance at Bella, making her smile.

It's been a week since that day, everyone adjusted their emotions and decided to spend more time together. And thus, they put school on halt. The headmaster, Bella's father, approved of it. He wasn't able to get a permit for Bella to visit the outside world so this was the least he could do.

As for why Lucious was pouting, it's because today was his date with Bella. He was very happy...at least until he saw the whole gang behind her. His eyes narrowed unhappily.

The others wanted to come along and Bella didn't have the heart to reject them...they were trying to spend the last few months with her after all. So she asked them to do as they please, upsetting her lover.

Since they were at the end of the group, Bella intertwined their hands together. Lucious's expression gradually relaxed as joy flashed in his eyes. He held her hand back gently.

"We'll slip out after spending some time with them, okay?" Bella tiptoed and whispered into his ears. Her breath brushed against his ears and made it itchy. Bella smiled after seeing the pink tips of the boy's ear, how cute.

They were at the academy's amusement park. Bella was quite excited, as someone who was tortured by experiments and sent out to assassinate people when she wasn't being experimented on...it's a rare break!

She read about amusement parks in books when she was younger and had always been curious how it'd feel to be on the rides.

Her eyes brightened when she saw the haunted house, pulling Lucious with her. The group naturally followed her lead, they were here for her after all.

*Ka-cha*

Bella blinked at Andre who was holding a camera while he smiled, "To keep the memories." Though he was smiling, his tone held some bitterness making the others feel their heart tighten,

"It's a good idea, we should take more pictures." Lucious added while everyone nodded in agreement.

"Can we go in now?" Bella excitedly tugged his sleeves, her tone was cheerful and dispelled the gloominess immediately.

All of them held some curiosity, none of them came here before. For the others, it wasn't because they didn't have time, it's simply that they weren't interested. But Bella's presence made this trip worth it.

It was the amusement park in the academy after all, so everything was creepily realistic as they were created by abilities. The sound effects were on point and the props...it was well made, too well made.

Jae-Woo couldn't help his face turning pale, Hibiki became unusually silent as his smile stiffened at every jump scare. Andre on the other hand was like a maniac, screaming at every slightest thing on purpose, trying to scare the hell out of everyone.

Surprisingly, Liam the youngest one out of the bunch stared at everything without any hint of interest. He would just glare at the actor who came out to jump-scare in annoyance, he didn't even flinch, making them awkward.

Bella was worse, she would smile at the actor and ask them what they were cosplaying as. She didn't believe in supernatural things so she usually tossed away books with any supernatural content, unless it's for entertainment.

But the ones for entertainment usually had handsome demons and beautiful devils, how can she tell who the heck these ugly creatures represent?

Lucious just held her hand and gave the actors sympathetic glances, he had the temperament of someone taking a walk around the park. Ian as Bella's twin, doubled the actors' torment together with her.

"Oh, what are you cosplayed as? It's so ugly." Bella gave the actor a sweet smile. "The uglier the scarier right? It's quite successful."

The others looked at the man pitifully, yet another victim.

"...I am not cosplaying, this is what I look like." The man's voice held helplessness. "You are out, congratulations."

"Sir, you are very dashing. I must be hallucinating after entering such a frightening place." Bella's words made a one hundred eighty turn. She glanced at Jae-Woo as he nodded.

He flicked his finger and the man didn't seem as depressed as before. Hallucination, Kim Jae-Woo's ability may seem weaker if compared to the others but when used wisely, it is extremely scary.

But it can also be used to carry out small tricks such as erasing someone's memory. It's an ability that tampers one's brain.

Actually, they've tried using his ability to heal Bella's fatal familial insomnia since it was a brain disorder but it was none valid. Her illness was very stubborn.

But the doctor said it will be of help when Bella's disorder develops into the hallucinating phase. They might be able to fight hallucinations with hallucinations, it might not heal her but it'll ease her suffering from the symptoms.

Bella felt the restlessness in her heart...the man she saw was clearly a monster. Was she going into the second stage...then it might not even take one year for her to die.

She shook off the unpleasant feeling. Everything was fine, if she goes gloomy now, everyone's mood will be affected.

"Roller coaster!" She chimed and pulled everyone along again.

The roller coaster was operated with the workers' abilities so there was a part without the rail. Bella's eyes beamed with excitement.

The ride didn't last long, it was quite short. Though she was the most excited one before the ride, Bella looked extremely pale after getting off. She already couldn't handle the Zodiac-38...what made her think that she could handle this?

Lucious gently held her waist and supported her to a bench. Since Bella needed some water, Hibiki and Andre went to buy drinks for everyone.

"Sister...are you okay?" Liam massaged her hand, hoping it will help. Bella nodded in reply.

"Next time-" Lucious's sentence was cut off.

"There will be no next time." Bella said in a weak voice.

Andre and Hibiki came back just in time to hear her and burst out in laughter. The others followed in suit...only Bella looked like her soul was going to escape her body anytime soon.

Her snow white hair flowed with the wind and her ruby red eyes curved beautifully. Her lips couldn't help curved into a small arc...if only days like this can last forever.