ex-girlfriend Loona x M! imp reader

Requested by: Jazz2064

As the morning glow of hell's pentagram casted over the sky, you awoke next to your loving girlfriend Loona, who had her back turned against you in the bed.

"Good morning, precious. How did you sleep?" You grin putting your hand on her shoulder.

"Whatever." Loona replied with her dead fish eyes and forced herself out of bed.

"Aw, what's wrong? You seem upset."

"Ugh, I'm fine." The hellhound said putting on her usual work clothes. She made as little eye contact as possible while doing so, and appeared to more distant than usual.

"Loona, I know you're lying to me."

"Just- leave me alone, ok?!"

After she was done getting herself together, she left the room in a hurried fashion as though the room had an infection: you. You were the infection.

You did the same when it came to getting ready for work. You and Loona worked at IMP together, and you had some impressive skill when it came to using a kukri: a Japanese machete knife

In fact, you and Millie had a close relationship as you two bonded with the art of knives and blades. If Millie were single and not married to Moxxie, she would have most certainly picked you to be her man, instead.

Aside from having Loona, though, you were definitely well-established thanks to the wealth accumulated from your family. A few of their acres housed a beautiful garden with many plants and vegetables silently being taken care of by your relatives.

Unfortunately, as time went on, Loona slowly began to fall out of love, and wanted to reveal these feelings to you, today, in the office.

"Y/N, can I talk to you? Now?" She said.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"What I am about to say, obviously, is not going to easy." She leaned in and her chair squeaked in protest. "It's about us."

"Go on." Your eyes squinted to listen.

"I don't think this is going to work out. Me and you. First of all, you barely even give me attention, and when I call you for something important, you never pick up your fucking phone, which is ironic seeing how it you're on it 24/7."

"I can say the same for you, but ok, continue." You mumble as your eyes were on your phone.

"That's it! That's the problem! you don't ever stop to look at me in the fucking eyes! Secondly, that's also rude as hell, and you probably didn't even hear what I said. Oh, and don't forget, I have to do everything myself because of your lack of responsibility. You always give me this excuse like 'I'm busy', which we all know you're not!" Her voice picked up, and the other employees began to hear her.

"I just- I'm done. If You don't want to take this damn relationship seriously, then I'm leaving. I am  sick and tired of your bullshit, and this 'I love you' shit is starting to become meaningless. I'm breaking up with you."

"Ouch." Moxxie said quietly, and Millie smacked him upside the head.

You sigh and looked down at your feet. "I understand. I should have considered you more in my life and I didn't. I'm sorry." Your voice cracked. "And I know you probably don't want to be friends with me, either, because there wouldn't be much of a difference."

She sighed, also. "I can't believe you. Poor Y/N feeling sorry for himself, again, as always. Go lick your wounds somewhere else, not around me."

Loona ignored the pain she felt, only to wash it away with booze once the work shift was over. Even when she was drunk, she was a force to not be reckoned with.

At the bar, if demons tried to take advantage of her, she would swing her fist and knock them out with one punch, and she would cry afterward because she thought of you.

One time when Loona went to the bar for the third time in a row, she saw a hellhound she thought was terribly attractive bartending that night.

"Oh, hey there. You look pretty cute." She told him blushing.

"Oh hey, lady. What brought you here all alone, tonight?"

She twirled her straw and sighed. "Nothing. I was just a little sad is all and I wanted the pain to go away."

"For sure, for sure."

"I'm Loona." She looked up at the hellhound, smiling.

"It's Vortex, but just call me Tex." He pointed a finger gun at her and winked.

"Yeah?" Her hand rested on her cheek and was hypnotized by his charm and disposition. "And what do you say we get out of here and hang out somewhere private?"

"If you're implying what I think you're implying, I'm already taken."

"Oh," She took a sip from her drink and had a sad look on her face.

Tex notices Loona's shift in behavior, and suggests something. "But hey, you're free to check out some of the crazy hellhound parties my girlfriend throws. I'm sure that you might be able to find someone there."

"Maybe..." She looked up at him again. "Will I ever see you again?"

"Actually, I'm here full-time. The other bartender got fired because he threatened to shoot some imp."

"That's funny." Loona got up from her seat and wobbled a little since she was tipsy. "Well, I guess I'll see you later, handsome."

He chuckled. "Stay safe, Loona. I'll see you."

Loona realized that she was selfish and pitiful to break up with you. Seeing how the only reason was that you did not give her enough attention, she was guilty of the same actions, also. Not to mention, your lack of providing attention was fixable, and did not have to result in breaking up.

So, Loona returned to your place not to get her stuff, but to apologize and see if you could invite her into your life, again.

As she looked around, it seemed you were not present in the house. The last place she checked was in the garden, where she would find you sitting on a hill wearing a white headband, peacefully.

The moon hung from the night sky, casting a silvery glow over the grass and plants, and fireflies danced along the garden. The air was quiet and still, carrying only the smell of spring and honeysuckle.

Loona walked up the hill and sat next to you. "Hey."

"Hey." You responded, staring at the moon with your tear-soaked face.

"I would just like to say that I was selfish in what I did. I was a jackass." Loona looked down at the silver grass.

"Why? I'm too pathetic to maintain a relationship, and you showed me how. I understand, now."

"Oh, Y/N. Don't be like that. I shouldn't be breaking up with someone just because they don't pay attention every now and then." She opened her mouth as though she wanted to say something. A pause followed, and she looked at you. "I'm saying I want to give you a second chance. You're really a good person. That is, if you're paying attention." She said with sincerity. 

"Ok. I'll try. I'll try to be better... I'll even throw my phone and technology in the trash if I have to."

She chuckled. "You don't have to do that, silly. I just want you to listen to me more. In fact, that would be a bad thing because what if I needed to text you."

"Yeah, I know. I was kidding." You put your hand on her thigh. "I love you, Loona. I would die and go to double hell just so I can be with you. I will work on my habits more, I promise."

She kissed you on the mouth, and smiled. "Good. Now, let's go back inside. I'm getting sleepy."

Both of you called it a good night and fell asleep in each other's bed cuddling and listening to the crickets outside; both satisfied that you were back together, and not broken hearted.