• 20 •

Music Companion: People watching by Conan Gray

CHAPTER 20 | AN UNFORTUNATE DAY "Words, like gentle raindrops, can soothe the deepest wounds or carve scars that never fade

"Words, like gentle raindrops, can soothe the deepest wounds
or carve scars that never fade."

-----

S O B S resounded through the dimly lit living room of the small, somber apartment. The soft, melancholic echoes of the cries were just a small backdrop to the heart-wrenching scene that unfolded. Yoona was curled up on the couch, clinging to a plushie as if it were her lifeline. Her tears flowed freely, a constant stream of anguish that seemed to have no end.

The night had long descended, the hours slipping away unnoticed. But the darkness outside seemed insignificant compared to that within her.

Yoona sobbed and sobbed. It was as though she had opened a floodgate, allowing all the pent-up grief that had resided within her to pour out, drenching her soul with the heaviness of her wrong doings.

She couldn't believe the mess she had made of her own life, the pain she had given to those she held most dear. Her loved ones, her family, and her friends - they all bore the scars of her tangled emotions, and she couldn't forgive herself for it.

Yoona's thoughts were a whirlwind of confusion, a labyrinth of questions without answers.

She couldn't fathom the depth of her own confusion. Why had she confessed to Taehyung, baring her soul when she knew she didn't love him? Was it the terror of acknowledging her true affections for another-for Tae-ho? Or was it the dread of losing a cherished friendship, a fear that had led her down this treacherous path?

How had she managed to turn her life into a muddled mess where she couldn't even deserve the love she yearned for? Why was she incapable of being happy with Tae-ho, despite the affection he lavished upon her? Why couldn't she love him in return? And most painfully, why did she repeatedly wound him with her words?

She questioned herself relentlessly, each "why" echoing in the confines of her mind. The tornado of emotions in her heart left her in a state of bewilderment, unable to comprehend her own motives.

The weight of her actions pressed down on her chest, squeezing the very breath from her lungs.

Yoona wanted to die. And that was for sure.

She yearned to experience the pain she had inflicted upon Tae-ho and Taehyung, to know their misery intimately.

She wanted to feel pain - one that would make her physically feel the way Tae-ho had suffered when she confessed she didn't love him, and that Taehyung would endure when he will discover her multiple betrayals.