• 19 •

Music Companion: Castles Crumbling by Taylor Swift

CHAPTER 19 | LOVE & DARKNESS"He is, but a lost soul, misunderstood and alone, whose castles crumbled overnight, leaving him in the darkness of despair

"He is, but a lost soul, misunderstood and alone, whose castles crumbled overnight, leaving him in the darkness of despair."

-----

{ Trigger Warning: Self-harm mental illness, depression }

T A E - H O ' S P E R S P E C T I V E

W I T H a bit of courage that had still remained within me, I ventured forth from the hallowed halls of the University. Unbeknownst to me, my path was fraught with peril, as I didn't realise the times I narrowly avoided collisions with passing vehicles.

It was not until I arrived at my house that I beheld the crimson blood cascading from my forehead, a proof of the near misses I had endured.

My body trembled, still gripped by what happened some moments ago as I entered my house. Inhaling deeply, I sought solace in the act of calming my frayed nerves.

Alas, my efforts were in vain. A profound numbness enveloped me, All I could think of was her words and suddenly I felt incapable of comprehending the weight of the words that had escaped her lips.

"Who are you to miss me?"

"I don't love you!"

"Neither There's anything between us nor you love me!"

Does she really hate me that much?

Her words echoed relentlessly in my mind, replaying like a broken record, the only melody I could hear amidst the chaos.

How effortlessly she had uttered those words, so straight and true, piercing through the layers of my consciousness.

I sat in silence surrounded by loneliness but once again her voice fell in my ears cutting through the silence like a sharp blade.

And as I kept comprehending her each and every word realization kept hitting me with a force I could not bear. I had been the cause of her suffering, the one responsible for her problems that had been aching her.

She meant it. She meant every word of what she said.

I was messing up her life - I mess up everyone's life.

"Its all your fault!"

"It's because of you, hyung."

"I'm ashamed of you."

"You're a monster!"

"I hate you."

As I stood there, a tremor coursed through my very being, causing my eyes to quiver with an unsettling unease. The chill in the air seemed to seep into my bones, causing my hands to shake uncontrollably, while my entire body quivered in response.