Falling

Gerard had been absolutely furious as he headed to Bert's cell the night before after leaving Frank's. Luckily he caught him by himself. He quietly walked in catching Bert off guard. He threw a punch into Bert's jaw and rammed his knee into his crotch causing him to stumble and fall forward.

Bert lashed back but was unsteady on his feet. Acting innocent he asked what the fuck Gerard was playing at. Then laughed as he realised Gerard had found out about Frank.

"Jealous Gee?" he'd asked with a cruel laugh.

Gerard lunged again, landing a swift punch his stomach.

"You should be" Bert smirked through gritted teeth. " He was so fucking tasty. Nice big, fat, juicy cock. Mmmmm. He fucking loved it too. Was rock hard for me" he laughed.

Adding a couple more kicks and punches, Gerard shouted "Just leave him the fuck alone Bert! I'm not gonna keep saying it. I swear to God if you go near him again I will fuck you up."

Officer Bryar and another guard were soon running in pulling Gerard away. They dragged him back to his cell, all the while the bad tempered redhead shouting threats towards Bert.

Throwing him inside, Officer Bryar warned him to shut the fuck up and behave. Gerard pushed him away from him, shoving hard at his chest.

"What the fuck is your problem with me?" he shouted. "Why are you making shit up about me, huh? Telling Frank I'm some kind of sexual predator. What the hell is that about?"

Bob looked at Gerard with an air of disbelief. "You fucking are Gerard. You filthy piece of shit" he stated. "I'm just looking out for the kid. Warned him you're just a cock sucking slut like Bert."

"I'm nothing like Bert" Gerard replied through gritted teeth, frankly getting sick of being compared to him.

"Don't you pretend you don't fuck around in here" Bob continued. "I've seen it for myself."

"I'm not like Bert," Gerard repeated. "Yeah, I've had plenty of guys in here, but only when both parties wanted it. I would never force myself on anyone."

Bob simply scoffed at him before turning and slamming the cage door shut, leaving Gerard to stew over the day. This kid had caused a lot of shit for him. Yet he couldn't stay away from him.

Seeing Gerard the following morning, Frank noticed his bloodied knuckles and felt a pang of guilt in his gut.

Heading over to him, he just sat and offered a smile.

"You can't keep getting hurt because of me" Frank sighed.

"Don't worry" Gerard grinned. "He came off worse."

They ate breakfast in comfortable silence, with the exception of Ray who twittered on about all kinds. He was a nice guy but honestly didn't know how to be quiet.

Frank headed to the library a short while after and wasn't too surprised to find Gerard in there too. They sat together and fell into easy conversation. Frank liked it when it was just the two of them in here. Gerard was gentle really, and his bravado seemed to be all an act as far as Frank could tell. He'd hadn't stopped thinking about the night before. How it had felt to be held by Gerard. How he'd taken care of him and clearly wanted to protect him. How he'd never wanted him to let go.

Laughing together about some stupid shit now, Frank's hair fell over his face. Without a second thought, Gerard gently leaned across and brushed it behind Frank's ear. It was such a simple gesture but they both immediately froze causing the atmosphere to change in an instant.

Making their excuses to leave, they both headed their separate ways, both reeling from Gerard's actions. Gerard having an internal battle with himself as to why he had done it, making Frank feel uncomfortable like that. And Frank berating himself for overthinking it, allowing himself to believe it meant something.

They didn't speak the following day, both consciously avoiding each other.

Over the following week, however, they gradually began to spend time together again, seemingly forgetting the silly encounter. They found that they both had the same sense of humour and had a lot in common; both liking the same books and movies, and were both just a pair of neeks really (the sexy type of course!)

Unbeknownst to the other, they were both falling head over heels.

And they were both terrified at the prospect.

Gerard found himself fantasising about Frank a lot. But not in the usual way. He didn't dream about fucking him into the mattress (although that did sound nice), but more about how it would feel to kiss him. In the two years he had spent in prison, and the many men he'd had sex with, he had never once kissed any of them. Had no desire to whatsoever. It was all he wanted from Frank though, which is why he knew it was different. He would lie awake at night imagining how it would feel to run his hands through Frank's hair and press his lips to his. He wanted to feel the skin on the back of his neck, and for Frank to touch him in return.

He craved this intimacy with him and felt a growing urgency to tell him how he was feeling. But he was terrified of his reaction, so considered just proposition him as he'd done with other guys. He didn't want a quick hand job though. No. He wanted an actual relationship with this beautiful man. As ridiculous and impossible as that seemed.

Was there any possibility that Frank may feel the same way though? He definitely felt a strong connection to him and desperately hoped that Frank felt it too.

Frank did of course, and he spent his nights thinking of Gerard in much the same way. He imagined making love to him and holding hands. He wasn't stupid though. He knew you couldn't have a relationship like that in here, and Gerard could have his pick of men, so there was no way he would want Frank. Was there?

Gerard drove himself insane with his dilemma and after several days finally came to a decision. He was going to tell Frank how he felt about him. He was petrified but had to do it. Frank was driving him crazy and he had to know how Gerard felt. He decided he was going to speak to him.

Rehearsing the conversation over and over in his head as he lay in bed, he eventually fell into a deep sleep with high hopes for the next day.