Their Perfect Ending

"Wake up Frank!" Gerard shouted as he bounced on the bed next to the cute figure sleeping soundly.

"What the fuck Gee?" Frank groaned as he rolled over, pulling the cover over his face.

"Come on Frank! It's a beautiful day and I'm taking you out" he told him excitedly.

"Seriously" Frank grumbled, "What time even is it?"

"It's 10.30" Gerard replied. "Come on baby, I've got a surprise planned for you today."

"No" Frank pretended to shout. "Go away!"

Gerard pulled the bed covers off Frank and climbed in bed alongside him.

"Mmmm. See that's better" Frank sighed enjoying the feel of Gerard close to him.

Gerard quickly pressed his fingers to Frank's ribs though and tickled him; not stopping until Frank was a squirming mess below him.

"OK, OK," Frank squealed. "I'm getting up. This fucking surprise better be worth it though."

"It will be" Gerard replied with a kiss to his lips.

---------------------------------------

Their life together over the last couple of months had been perfect. Absolutely perfect. Gerard had gotten a job and was also selling some of his art, meaning Frank didn't have to do the delivery job in the evenings. They were as in love as ever. They enjoyed nothing more than being in their home, watching movies, and listening to music. They had both managed to turn their lives around and were moving on.

They made plans for their wedding but weren't really in a position to afford it yet. Still, it was something to look forward to.

Their families all got along well and were really happy that their boys' had settled down and were happy.

Once a month or so, they would get together with Mikey, Ray and Pete at one of their houses or at a bar somewhere. Their friendship was deeper than most, with most of them having experienced the horrors of prison. They knew they were always there for each other, understanding that there would be bad days; days when they needed to talk to someone who understood how they felt. It was a true bond. However, Frank and Gerard's bond was like nothing either of them could have ever dreamed of. They very rarely argued, were insanely in love, and simply made each other happy. They were the true definition of soulmates.

------------------------------------

"Ok. What's my surprise?" Frank now asked with big, wide, pleading eyes.

"I'm not telling you" Gerard replied. "It's a fucking SURPRISE!"

"Please Geeeeeee."

"No. Now go and get ready, then we'll go" Gerard ordered.

For the next thirty minutes in the car, Frank asked and asked, getting irritated by Gerard just ignoring him grinning.

"Are you taking me to some hotel, where you can do a lot of kinky shit to me?" he tried.

Gerard just rolled his eyes and smiled.

"That sounds good though, doesn't it?" Frank grinned.

"It does babe" Gerard eventually spoke. "But I can do that at home. And I will later if you just shut the fuck up asking questions."

Frank sat sulking a little looking out of the car window when they eventually pulled into a gas station.

"Do we need gas again?" Frank grumbled. "Jesus Christ, I only filled it up like last week."

"We don't need gas Frank" Gerard laughed to him.

"So why are we here?" he asked puzzled.

"Because this is where your surprise is" Gerard excitedly smiled towards him.

"What? Are you kidding me?" Frank complained. "Why would we drive all the way here? There's nothing here."

"Will you just shut up!" Gerard shouted in pretend annoyance.

"Sorry" Frank conceded.

"Now listen" Gerard looked at Frank intently. "I want you to close your eyes. And promise me you won't open them until I am back in the car and tell you to. Okay?"

Frank sighed heavily. "Fine."

"I mean it Frank" Gerard pleaded with him.

Frank looked at Gerard and didn't want to spoil this for him, so promised him he would keep his eyes closed.

Gerard smiled brightly and leaned over to Frank.

"I love you," he told Frank before he left the car.

He was thankful that Mikey had had the sense to park around the back of the gas station and couldn't keep the smile off his face as he rounded the corner to his brother's car.

"Hey Mikes" he smiled as he walked up to the open window.

"Hey Gee" Mikey beamed back. "What do you think?" he asked.

"Oh my fucking God" Gerard replied. "Frank is going to totally lose his shit."

"Can I come to see his reaction?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah! Sure you can. It'll be awesome I can tell you that."

Hiding what he had in his hands, Gerard and Mikey headed to a waiting Frank.

Opening the door, Gerard ordered Frank to keep his eyes closed. He did and Gerard slid into the driver's seat with Mikey leaning in beside him.

"Ok Frank" Gerard started. "I got you something special. I hope you like it. Now open your eyes."

Blinking a little, Frank turned his attention to Gerard. Looking at the sight before him made him almost cry. Sitting in the driver's seat was his beautiful fiance, holding the most adorable puppy Frank had ever seen. She was a tiny, tan coloured, floppy-eared angel. He was speechless as he simply looked at Gerard and then back to the puppy, his hand covering his mouth and his eyes as wide as saucers.

"What do you think?" Gerard asked him quietly.

"Is she ours?" Frank asked with a lump in his throat.

"Yes. Well, she's yours really" Gerard clarified.

Frank held out his arms and took the puppy from Gee. He pulled her into his chest and breathed in her scent. He only then realised that Mikey's face was inside the car too.

"Oh my god. Thank you Gee. Thank you, thank you, thank you" he leaned over to kiss Gerard gently.

" I love you so much Gee. I don't know what I did to deserve you" he told his lover quietly, resting his head against Gerard's, with their puppy snuggled between them.

"I love you too Frank. You've given me my life back and I will spend the rest of my days showing you how grateful I am for that" Gerard replied kissing the corner of Frank's mouth.

And just like that, their world was complete. It was what they had both longed for; just Frank, Gee, and a dog.

The perfect ending to their very own fairy tale.

Thank you so much for reading.  If you're interested in more Frerard works, please check out my other stuff:

What You Do To Me

Yes Sir

Against All Odds

We're Just Friends (Part 1 of the 'Just Friends' Series)

Much More Than Friends (Part 2 of the 'Just Friends' Series)

New Beginnings

Frerard Oneshots

Remember Me

My Love and My Hate for you are Infinite