Visiting Gee

Frank slumped down onto his sofa and closed his eyes. It had been three weeks since he'd been released and he had been working every hour since.

He loved his job at the music store and was truly grateful to Ray for hooking him up with it. He was also working most nights as a takeaway deliverer, hence his exhaustion.

He looked around the little house he had rented for him and Gerard and smiled. He loved it and he was determined to get it homely for when Gee got out. He saved every dollar he could and was surprised at how he was managing so well and getting on his feet. Granted he didn't spend a great deal, only on the essentials, but he did treat himself to a couple of beers on a Friday night, one of which he was just in the process of opening.

As he swallowed the beer, he felt his shoulders relax. His thoughts drifted to Gerard as they always did, and he looked over at the drawing he'd given him on the day he left. He'd put it in a frame and placed it on the coffee table. He picked it up and stroked over it. It was a cartoon sketch of the two of them together, each looking at the other with a comical look on their faces. It made Frank smile but also made his heart ached to see his lover again. It wouldn't be long now; he'd arranged a visiting order for next weekend and he couldn't wait. He wanted to tell Gerard all about their house, and his jobs and plans for when he was out. He wanted their future together to be wonderful. They had both had such hard times in the past, and it pissed Frank off that some people just had to accept that and deal with the shit they were handed. He was determined to make a comfortable life for the two of them however. Why shouldn't they have what others did? He didn't want anything flashy, just a worry-free life with the man he loved. Gerard deserved that and Frank would give it to him.

Climbing into his bed, he pulled the duvet up around his chin. It felt like such a luxury compared to the hard mattress and scratchy blankets he'd gotten used to. He sighed in contentment and drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

---------------------------------------

As he approached the gloomy prison, he felt a twinge of sadness. He actually missed the place. Well, he knew it wasn't the prison he missed but Gerard. His heartbeat picked up at the thought of seeing him. God, he missed him so much.

He stepped into the daunting stone building and went through the series of security systems, before heading towards the familiar visitor room. Walking in, he glanced around the seated occupants looking for his redhead. He scoured the room but couldn't see him. He began to panic a little; eyes darting around in search of Gerard, wondering where he was. He bit nervously at the inside of his mouth, assuming the worst - that Gerard had decided not to see him for some reason. Glancing again over the room he was suddenly met with familiar eyes.

Yet, these beautiful hazel eyes no longer sat below a shock of floppy red locks – they were framed by short, neat, platinum blond hair.

Frank's eyes must have widened because Gerard laughed loudly in his direction.

'Holy Shit!' Frank thought. 'Was there any look this gorgeous fucker couldn't pull off?'

He moved quickly towards him, stopping within an inch as he neared him. Gerard pulled him close, squeezing him unbelievably tight. He hugged back, holding on for dear life. Moving back, he was speechless, just taking Gerard in and gawping at him.

"What do you think?" Gerard grinned at the shorter man who looked as adorable as ever to him.

"I didn't think you could look any more perfect, but holy fuck Gee" Frank laughed. "You look fucking amazing. I don't know, older somehow" he stroked his hand over Gerard's hair, the feel different but still familiar to him. He couldn't keep the smile from his face as he drank him in.

"I always wanted to know how the hell you got your hair done in here," Frank asked.

Gerard just tapped the side of his nose and winked.

Sitting opposite each other, Gerard reached over for Frank's hand. "I miss you," he admitted quietly.

"God, I miss you too Gee" Frank replied.

"I was so worried, you know" Gerard began. "That you'd forget about me and move on."

"What?" Frank asked. "How could you think that? I love you Gee, and I'm getting everything ready for when you're out of here. And you're hardly forgettable man."

"I'm sorry" Gerard replied. "I just thought you'd see that there is better for you out there and move on with your life – you really should you know?" He looked down at their hands sadly.

"Never Gee" Frank assured. "You are my life. You're my fucking soulmate and I want to spend the rest of my days with you."

Gerard smiled, his eyes sparkling with happy tears; relief flooding through him. "I'm so glad" he simply said as he let out a heavy breath.

The two talked and talked about Frank's job and their home. Frank was so house proud and told Gerard all about the furniture and the garden, and Gerard laughed loudly calling him the 'perfect housewife.'

"Fuck off" Frank responded in his manliest voice.

To anyone looking at the two of them, it was obvious how in love they were, and how they were simply made for each other. They laughed together, teased each other, looked lovingly at one another, and made the most beautiful couple ever seen. They were meant to be. And if you believed in fate, then prison had brought them into each other's lives and completed them. Made them one almost. Their unique bond was clearly unbreakable and neither could comprehend that they deserved such happiness.

Upon the guard calling time, they reluctantly said their goodbyes and kissed each other briefly. Frank saw the tears in Gerard's eyes but didn't mention it. He tried to keep the mood upbeat by telling him of his plans for when he was out. The holidays they would take together, the dog they would walk (Frank was determined to get a dog), the cinema trips they would have. He saw a hint of hope and excitement flash across Gerard's face and felt a little happier when he left, hoping he'd given him something to look forward to.

Five months.

That was all. Five months and they would be together forever.

-------------------

Gerard sat in the library later that day and actually allowed himself to have hope. Seeing Frank again had put his mind at ease about him not leaving him. He felt more secure about his future with Frank and confident that Frank was eagerly awaiting his release. He had felt quite lonely in here recently, having 'lost' Frank, Ray and Pete, and he had also distanced himself from other members of his group. He just wanted to keep his nose clean and get out of here on time. He allowed himself to daydream about his life – he wanted to keep Mikey and Frank safe and happy and nothing more. They were his world and he was going to succeed for them. He knew his past would be difficult to get over, but he was determined to get work and get on with his life.

With the absolute love of his life!