Settling In

Frank woke the following morning and rolled over. He looked over at Gerard who was stirring slightly, his nose wrinkling and his eyes furrowing. Frank gently leaned into him and felt Gerard pull him closer. After a few minutes, they both opened their eyes fully and looked at each other.

"Morning Frankie" Gerard croaked as he placed a kiss on Frank's forehead.

"Morning Gee" Frank squeezed him close.

They lay silently for a little while before Frank got up to go use the bathroom.

When he returned, Gerard pulled open the covers and Frank scooted in next to him as little spoon to his big. Gerard wrapped his arms around the smaller man's body and kissed the back of his neck.

"Last night was amazing Frank" he stated. "I love you so much."

Frank turned in his arms and smiled.

"I love you too Gee," he told him kissing him softly. He loved waking up with Gerard like this. He had felt so lonely in this house over the last months; only the thought of his boyfriend keeping his morale up.

"Um , that thing you did last night?" Frank blushed and swallowed hard as he questioned Gerard.

"What thing?" Gerard teased knowing exactly what he meant.

"You know" Frank pushed at him.

"Oh" Gerard grinned. "The eating you out thing!"

"Urghh. Don't say it like that!" Frank pulled a face. "But yeah, that."

"Mhm?" Gerard questioned.

"Well, nobody has ever done that to me before" he admitted. He turned a shade of pink that was darker than Gerard had ever seen on him. It was adorable.

"Well, I'll let you into a secret Frank" Gerard continued. "Nobody has ever done it to me either. And I've never done it to anyone else."

"Really?" Frank felt almost special.

"Mhm. It's so intimate Frank that I've never wanted to do it to anyone else. But with you, I want all of you. Nothing feels wrong with you. I want to make you feel cherished and loved in every way possible," Gerard told him sincerely.

"Did you like it?" he asked and Frank could sense that Gerard wasn't actually as confident as he liked to make out.

"Fuck yeah, Gee" Frank gushed. "Can I um, maybe do it to you later?" he asked nervously.

"Uh, you hardly have to ask that Frankie. I would let you do anything to me. I'd love it" he answered with a smirk. "If you're sure?" he added.

"I am Gee," Frank put a hand to Gerard's face. "I feel the same about you, you know? You looked after me so much last night. I know you made it more about me than you, which honestly, I feel guilty about, but I want to look after you too. You deserve so much Gee and I want to show you how much you mean to me. Always!"

Gerard smiled and Frank cuddled into him, yawning.

"Go back to sleep Frank. It's still early," Gerard said, his eyes heavy and sleepy.

Rubbing his eyes a couple of hours later, Frank found Gerard's side of the bed empty. He sat up and stretched. He couldn't hear him in the bathroom so got up to look for him. He went into the kitchen expecting to find him there with a coffee in his hand, but the room was empty.

"Gee!" he called out but got no reply.

He wandered into the lounge but he wasn't there either. Walking back to their bedroom, he pushed the door of Gerard's art room open and found him sat at his swivel chair with his earbuds in, singing along to something as he sloshed paint over a canvas that sat in front of him. Frank watched him for a little while from the doorway. He looked so happy and it made Frank's heart ache with love. He was such a kind, lovely man, and he hadn't deserved to be locked away for all that time, simply for protecting his brother. Looking at him now, he looked content and peaceful; a far cry from the angry, hostile man Frank had first met in prison.