Chapter 16

**A/N** ok, so this next chapter is pretty short. i decided to try different pov's so im splitting what i originally planned to be 1 chapter into 2 or 3 really short separate ones. i hope that makes sense, i'm not trying to confuse you guys! haha enjoy..

Next I call Mads. “Hey Ava!” she says when she answers the phone. “Hey Mads!” I say. “Did you know that Gabby can’t make it to England?! It sucks!” “Uhh, yeah I did know actually.” She says, her voice getting quiet. “Really? When did she tell you?” I ask, getting curious.

 “Um, we kinda both were talking about it yesterday.” She says. “What do you mean?” I ask, getting worried. Mads better not be ditching me too... “Um, I can’t make it either…” she says quietly. “WHAT?!” I practically scream into my phone.

 “I’m sorry!! I got offered an internship at vogue.com in New York City!” she says. “That has always been my dream! You know that!” she says. “Well, this has always been my dream! To come to England with my best friends for the summer. Now I’m stuck here on my own!” I say, getting upset.

 “Ava, I’m really sorry but I already accepted their offer.” She says. “When did you even find out about it? Is today national ‘tell people things short notice’ day or something?” I ask. “I actually found out yesterday. I applied for the internship in October but I didn’t expect to get accepted so I went ahead and planned this trip with you and Gabs.” She says. “I’m really sorry! This is really just a series of unfortunate events.”

 “Yeah, it really is.” I say, fighting back tears. “I guess I’ll just have to come home. I don’t want to stay here alone for the whole summer. “Again, I’m really sorry Ava!” she says. “I’ll talk to you later Mads.” I say. “Ok, bye Ava. Let me know what you end up doing.” She says. I end the call and sigh deeply. I don’t know whether to go home or stay. My only reason for staying would be Niall really, and I’ve only just met him so I can’t be too certain about anything between us. I decide to text Niall before he gets back.

Niall: I may be going back to the states. Come up to my room when you get back so we can talk.