3: Metamorphosis

“Calm —indeed the calmest— reflection might be better than the most confused decisions” 

― Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis (n): a change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one. 

Adrianna’s POV: 

Adrianna’s POV: 

“So, you are saying everything here belongs to your family?” I exclaimed in awe as I took in the vast property, my eyes lingering on the scary looking mammon statue situated at both sides of the gates. 

Archer chuckled, "We do own this property, yes,” He nodded answering my questions. 

The interior of the mansion was modernly decorated, beige and black themed. A stairway led to the second story.

A chandelier hung from the ceiling. The curtains that were draped over the full-sized windows fluttered slightly as the warm autumn wind caressed the finesse. 

“That is the kitchen,” He pointed to the other side of the lobby which was an open area with a dining table enough to accommodate 10 people.

A glass panel separated it from the living area. A small bar was attached to it, a wooden shelf displaying a variety of alcohols. 

“The current chef is Atlas Demetrio; he is instructed to cook meals per Ares’ wishes. If you feel like making any modification based on his health, you can request him to add or subtract anything.” 

I nodded, jutting it down in my small notebook. 

“May I take a look around the kitchen?” I asked, fixing my glasses. 

“Sure!” Archer led me to the kitchen, “Feel free to check anything.” 

The kitchen was neat and vast. It had wooden floor and another small chandelier hanging up from above. 

“It works as a fire alarm if necessary.” Archer answered, probably taking account of my surprise. 

“You didn’t provide me with his blood test report,” I commented as I took a closer look at the counters. Everything was shockingly neat and by neat, I mean not a speck of dust anywhere neat.