12: Corybantic

Comment 🥺🥺

Comment 🥺🥺

Here's a cookie 🍪
______

"I'm addicted to your allure and I'm fiending for a cure."

― Christina Aguilera, Christina Aguilera: Strippe

Corybantic (adj.): A wild, frenzied state; unrestrained

): A wild, frenzied state; unrestrained

Adrianna's POV:

Archer nodded as we entered the warmth of the mansion, his steps coming to a halt, "Her name is Britney. We have no connections with her as of now."

I let out a breath, dreading the possible confrontation.

I imagined Ares' ex to be someone who matched him. Someone regal, but also snarky. Someone who held herself well and hailed from money.

I shook my head as I clenched my fists.

The thought of his ex wasn't pleasant, delving into someone's personal life without their knowledge was never pleasant, but I had to do it for Ares' sake.

"How did they.... Break up?" I asked carefully as I treaded on a thin thread.

Archer let out a sigh, "Britney broke up with him after the accident, she said his blindness was 'inconvenient' for him," He rubbed his temple, "Too bad, all of us liked her."

My mouth parted in an O as sudden disappointment, along with rage crawled up inside me.

She left him when he needed her the most. That's disgustingly low.

I mean I was a bitch, but I wasn't vain. I would never leave my partner just because he lost his eyesight. It would be when he would need me the most.

"No offense but she sounds like a grade A bitch."

Archer chuckled, "It took us a while to realize that."

"It's getting late," Archer sighed as his eyes drifted to the wall clock on the main door, "I should go to sleep, have an important meeting tomorrow. See you tomorrow, Adri."