15: Fulminate

"There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare

"There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare."― Mary Renault, The Charioteer

Fulminate (v)- Cause to explode violently with loud noise.

Adrianna's POV:

I stood there; frozen, unmoving.

My limbs were seemingly stuck to the floor as I took in the woman in front of me with widened eyes.

She was dark haired, a bored expression plastered on her face as she scrutinized me with narrowed eyes. Her skin perfectly tanned, her red lips pursed in a thin line.

She seemed rich as she was dressed in immaculacy. A white sleeveless dress, a Chanel bag clasped in her arms. Her cold blue eyes screamed of pretentiousness. She was a beautiful woman, no doubt.

My eyes traveled down. A pair of cream Louboutin shoes adorned her feet.

Whoever she was, she was rich and pompous. I had never seen her around before.

"Who are you?" She raised an eyebrow as she threw the question at me nonchalantly, her voice held a mocking edge to it.

I decided that I didn't like her.

"I am the personal nurse to Mr. Ares Estevan," I introduced myself politely, "May I ask you who you may be?"

A taunting smirk graced the corner of her lips.

So, she was the kind of person who liked to think of themselves as high and mighty.

"Nurse huh? You're so young..." She sighed, "I am Britney Davis. You can call me Ms. Davis."

My mind connected the dots instantaneously.

She was Ares' ex.

It was my turn to narrow my eyes and examine her like a hawk.

This was the bitch that left Ares because he had gone blind.

I knew something wasn't right from the moment she decided to ruin my day with her presence.