33: Perilous

COMMENT 🧍🏽‍♀️

COMMENT 🧍🏽‍♀️

___

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies,"- Xxxtentacion

Perilous (Adj.)- Full of danger or risk

)- Full of danger or risk

Ares' POV:

It was a sullen winter morning. Snowflakes froze in the wild blizzard, swaying to and fro with the gust. Everything was white.

White as in the color of paper. I remember white, it is more void than the darkness I reside in. White room torture is a very common psychological torture technic that ensues sensory deprivation. I learnt it in the military.

Mother forbade me to go outside, the wind was too strong. She was worried that I would get sick, but I couldn't bring myself to stay in the house and hear her anguished cries.

My baby brother was coming.

Wrapping the oversized woolen scarf tighter, I sat on the heap of snow I had made and started fidgeting with my gloved fingers. I couldn't say I was excited, but it wasn't like I didn't feel anything either.

Big brother was always busy, so, maybe it wouldn't be too bad to have a younger brother to play with. I can show him the nintendos I bought.

The manor stood in front of me like a lifeless statue, amongst the silence small cries of agony could be heard. My fists clenched, did she go through this when she had me too?

She was in pain and the worst thing was I couldn't do anything to help her with it.

"Ares!" I turned upon hearing Liam's voice. He was waving at me from a distance, wearing the same matching scarf. Mom always bought two of everything, so that we could match.

I thought it was a very stupid idea.

"Big brother," My voice shook, maybe from the cold that seemed to chill my bones, "Is mom okay?"