11: Ibrat

Thank you for all the comments and votes you left

Thank you for all the comments and votes you left. I love you 😡
Also leave comments on this chapter or I'm not updating.

_______

Connect with me: ssybahz.carrd.co/
____

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts." - Nikki Giovanni

Ibrat (n.): An incident that teaches you a lesson.

): An incident that teaches you a lesson

Adrianna's POV:

Mistakes and accidents are parallel to each other. One of them is the doing of humans and another is done by fate, universe, god; it is whatever you believe in.

Neither of them happen knowingly, we don't see them coming. We realize their presence only after they leave a trail of catastrophe behind them.

We cannot undo mistakes, neither can we undo accidents. We can only accept them, learn from them to mould ourselves into a better version of ourselves and move on, onto the tomorrow of life.

For err is human and acceptance is benevolence. Benevolence is the best gift a human can give to themselves.

______________________________________

"In the military?" I queried, shock lacing my voice.

Archer nodded, his features radiating gloom.

"He doesn't like to speak about it, nor practice anything that military life taught him."

I blinked. That explained his lean yet carved shape, his strict diet- except for the sweet tooth he possesses.

"So you're saying he hasn't fought for years?" I asked, just to make sure I interpreted him correctly.

He nodded again, "I am actually quite surprised, he never fought for 13 years. After losing his eyesight and his military badge, he lost a part of himself too. He loved the thrill that came along with serving the country. He was good at it too."