Why Does Adrianna act the way she does?

Author's note updated (21.06.2021)

Important note ***please read it without skipping****

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well! I am going to shed light on an important subject matter.

It has come to my attention that some of you are disturbed by Adrianna and some of her attics. I'm not saying that you can't be disturbed because all of you are entitled to have your opinion on a certain character and I believe in expressing your opinion without any hesitation as long they aren't rude or attacking anyone. 

You can't agree with a character if you don't find their advances appealing. I got a bunch of Comments saying "she acts as if she is the best thing that walks on Earth," "she is a sl*t" "she acts so ignorant" etc etc.

Since she is a main character and a lot of her behaviour is questionable, I am here to explain why she is like this😅

See, Adrianna is someone who grew up without a family. She grew up in an orphanage where she was mostly shamed and frowned upon because of her sexual appetite. Growing up she figured out that she was alone, without relatives or friends.

She never had anyone she could rely upon nor she had anyone that could help her with her conditions.

Usually, when a person is left alone to survive they develop a defence & coping mechanism. It can be anything, different for different people. For Adrianna that defence mechanism was self reverence.

Think about this, Adrianna was always wanted by men. None of them ever rejected her and that is the only way she ever felt something close to love. It is stated several times (as you progress further into the story) that Adrianna only feels dopamine rush through sex.

Dopamine rush is something we experience through simple actions like smiling, being happy, maybe watching a movie or maybe listening a music. Without it one is basically numb.

When Ares rejected her, she felt anger and it was a blow to her ego. The mechanism she developed as a defence was crumbled in seconds as she was denied by him as no one ever did this. Hence, she resorted to sexual advances.

Just because she acted like that, it doesn't make it okay. You have to understand that she is a morally grey character who is imperfect and tries to justify certain things that are immoral.

She is not an angel and we can hope that she gets some character development. Her advances are condemned in the story, several times.

Adrianna is not a character you should idolize. I tried to keep this story as realistic as possible, hence I tried to show how an egoistic, semi-narcissistic person can act when they are denied of something they want and are used to getting it. It doesn't mean that behaving as this character does is okay.

I hope I was able to explain everything and it cleared any confusion you might have had. Thank you for reading❤️