21: Odyssey

***TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT, SELF HARM, TRAUMA, DEPRESSION

***TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT, SELF HARM, TRAUMA, DEPRESSION. READER DISCRETION ADVISED.****

Please leave some Comments, I always read them, they make my day ❤️

Thank you so much for 100k reads 😭😭😭
________

“My name is nobody.”- Homer, The Odyssey

Odyssey (n.)- a long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience.

)- a long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience

Adrianna’s POV:

A whisper of a breeze swayed by, tugging at my heartstrings. The bitterness of the blurry memory seeped in, leaving an acidic taste on my tongue. I was transcending, between the snippets of morbid nightmares and ephemerality of the glittery night.

Only silence existed, aside from the sounds of our breathing and the roars of the waves that hit the shore. We let ourselves bask in the prodigious silence.

“Who?” His voice was blank, but I knew he was angry. The vein in his neck, his clenching jaw, tightening fists- he looked ready to hunt.

“The guard of the orphanage.”

“Which orphanage?”

I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling cold all of a sudden. I needed warmth, comfort- so, I scooted closer to him, seeking his assurance.

He didn’t push me away.

“Goldmary Sanctuary.”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to-”

“I want to,” Tears brimmed in my eyes, “I want to talk. Now, more than ever.”

The sound of the mellifluous ripples hitting the shore was music to my ears. It gave me a sense of serenity and being with Ares…

“You are safe,” His voice was assuring, soothing. I realized I was quivering.

I sucked in a deep breath, “It started when I slept with this boy. He was 18, I was 16. I got caught, and after that I was labelled as an impure girl, a girl who disrespected herself.”