29: Eumoirous

You guys might want to sit down for this chapter, it's 4.6k words long. Grab you tissues and popcorn and remember to vote and comment.

This chapter takes place before the day+on the day of the previous chapter.

There are also two POV. One of Adrianna and Another of Ares.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

― George Orwell, 1984

Eumoirous (Adj.)- Happiness due to being wholesome and honest

)- Happiness due to being wholesome and honest

Adrianna's POV:

He straightened up, his fingers digging into my flesh, "I don't know what you are talking about."

"You really want me to believe that you didn't lose on purpose?" I chuckled breathily, flicking his scrunched nose. His features softened as he touched the place I flicked, "Ares you sneaky little marshmallow."

His brows furrowed, he looked dumbfounded, "Marshmallow? Really?"

"Why did you lose hm?" I poked his chest, feeling small bubbles of joy bursting in me, "Because you didn't want me to feel bad? Or was it because you were curious?"

He remained silent, his eyebrows raised in defiance.

"You were playing like a pro and all on a sudden you placed the king at the face of my rook and que-"

"I was curious," His fingers threaded through my hair as he softly combed them back. A grunt of approval escaped me as tingles shot through my skin. I hid my face at the crook of his neck as I felt his lips shadowing over my forehead, "I was curious to see what you would ask for."

"What if I asked you to kiss me?" inquisitiveness bubbled within me as I caressed his jaw, soothing myself with the fact that he was real, he was in my arms and.... I would have to leave him soon.