28: Esoteric

Highly recommended to read because of some major revelation

Comment 😠

"If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself." –George Orwell, 1984

Esoteric (adj.)- Secret

Archer's POV:

Archer's POV:

"Britney, how many times do I tell you," I gritted out, feeling a numb pain creeping up my temples, my blood boiling, "I won't give you Ares' phone number."

"Oh please?" Her sugary sweet voice made me want to choke and die. Seriously, how could someone be so infuriating and annoying at the same time? I pressed my nose bridge, closing my eyes.

"No, Britney," I sighed, "Can you not take a fucking hint? Ares doesn't want you anywhere near him." Neither do I, but I don't say that to her. On contrary to her pompous and pretentious behaviour, Britney Davis was a pivotal figure for the Estevan Corporation, thanks to her daddy being the former mayor and all that money he invested in her.

My eyes roamed on the scattered papers around my desk as another involuntary sigh escaped me. I had to finish these ASAP and had to visit-

"Archer," Britney's voice cut me off, "Do you really think Ares and I are impossible?"

"Yes," I sigh, my blood heating up from unadulterated rage, "He was done with you the moment you decided to walk away 12 years ago. The doors of the Estevan manor closed for you that very day. You can't just walk off and come back after 12 years, declaring that you love Ares, Britney."

I was seething, my fists clenched as memories after memories flashed in my mind, presenting me with the vivid imagery of what exactly had Ares gone through and how we survived that hell.

We made it out, it was the only important thing.

A numb crept within me, mixing with the raging fire, "Where were you when Ares needed someone to walk him through the park? Where were you when Ares was learning braille and cutting his hands when he was learning to type? Where were you when he had nightmares and had absolutely no one beside him? Failed transplants after failed transplants, the company my father built went down; that man developed social anxiety disorder because he was abstained from people for so long. I ask you, Ms. Davis, where. were. You?"